Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Movie Club Hall of Fame- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

1. TNL Movie Club Hall of Fame- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

I’m willing to bet that due to my reputation, you’d expect a horror flick to be my pick for Season Two. Hate to disappoint, but here it is.

Buckaroo Banzai. I remember first seeing this when I was younger and loving it. Now, here I am, a month away from 30 and I still love it. The writing is great, the characters are awesome, and the performances are good(Lithgow especially). It’s just a fun sci-fi film. Here’s a synopsis:

"The very oddest good movie in many a full moon" Buckaroo Banzai combines "humor imagination a little oriental mysticism and a passel of sharp performances [into] very chic sci-fi" (Time)! Oscar nominees Peter Weller and John Lithgow team with Emmy® winners Ellen Barkin and Christopher Lloyd for a fiendishly clever action-packed adventure in an outlandish world you'll want to visit again and again! Brilliant brain surgeon Banzai (Weller) just made scientific history. Shifting his Oscillation Overthruster into warp speed he's the first man ever to travel to the Eighth Dimension and come back sane! But when his sworn enemy the demented Dr. Lizardo (Lithgow) devises a plot to steal the Overthruster and bring an evil army of aliens back to destroy Earth Buckaroo goes cranium to cranium with the madman in an extra-dimensional battle that could result in total annihilation of the universe!
    Hey, any movie where Peter Weller plays a physicist, neurosurgeon, Samurai, rock musician, Jet Car driver comic book hero can’t be bad.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adventuresofbuck.JPG 
Views:	392 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	37274  
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. God, I haven't seen this in forever. I'll watch this one with you guys.

3. If anyone hasn't seen this movie already they should be banned from TNL.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Looks interesting. I'll put it up tomorrow.

I love this movie. I unearthed my copy on DVD a couple days ago, I'll watch it with you guys.

6. If you guys have Comcast, I believe it's one of the freebie on-demand movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. With the internet, every movie is a freebie.

2spicy

I have a sealed copy on VHS. Not too sure why...

Also: both comic books.

9. You have the comics from a couple years ago?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

I have the ones that came out in 1984.