Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Comic Con

1. San Diego Comic Con

Very disappointing that this event isn't as attended as other events like PAX by TNL.

Did any one manage to get badges? I only bought one for Thursday but they should be going on sale again either in May or June because of the returned badges. This is my 5th year going and the only one of you clowns I've met is B-ri.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

My desire to go grows more every year, but I still can't pull the trigger. I know the exclusives will suck balls when I do finally go. It'll be some My Little Pony shit and no TMNT or GI Joe/Transformers crossovers.

3. I'd love to go but flying across country and getting a hotel room get expensive.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Yoshi's right, SDCC usually has good exclusive GI Joe shit. Usually.

I don't know, man...from what I hear, this event gets more and more packed and crazy by the year. Sounds more like waiting on endless, annoying lines than anything else.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. A few of my friends and I tried to get passes this year. The system is ridiculous. Not going I guess.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yoshi's right, SDCC usually has good exclusive GI Joe shit. Usually.

I don't know, man...from what I hear, this event gets more and more packed and crazy by the year. Sounds more like waiting on endless, annoying lines than anything else.
    Funny thing though. You've gotten enough published movie reviews that you can go with a press pass.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yoshi's right, SDCC usually has good exclusive GI Joe shit. Usually.

Unfortunately that is pretty true. If you've got no intention of doing specific things then it's a lot of fun and you can wander for hours. It gets really annoying and a bit frustrating when you've got things you wanna buy or a panel you wanna see. I've probably have spent a total of 20 hours of line waiting over the years.

Even with all of that, it's worth going atleast once.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

8. I got a free professional badge and free guest pass. I agree the system is ridiculous.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Funny thing though. You've gotten enough published movie reviews that you can go with a press pass.
    Hmm...plus, I write for other media outfits as well.

Hmm.

10. ShinMyk is going, but he's an asshole.