Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Overheard at Work

1. Paraphrasing, because it was a while ago-

"I accidentally mailed the cable box back to Dish Network instead of your company. It's not my fault!"

Empty cartons and UPS labels to send back equipment are sent out free of charge. There's a several hundred dollar equipment charge on the bill of this disconnected account because the cable box wasn't returned, and it's going on her credit report because she's a dumbass. I have no idea how she justified it as not her fault.

James

Entitlement.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Everyone forgets. It's the craziest thing.

One of my girls the other day told me a woman was telling her that fructose causes cancer and she avoids all fructose. The entire time her cart is filled with fruits and vegetables. She has no idea what fructose is and probably heard some bullshit about high fructose corn syrup, that wasn't even right in the first place.

ALSO everyone in the world now thinks gluten causes cancer and weight gain and that gluten free means "diet". I've seen so many soccer moms buying wheat bread, oatmeal and other wheat products then asking if someone like chips is gluten free, because they think a gluten free chip will be lower in fat, or something, but the whole time have no idea that gluten is a wheat protein and their other stuff is loaded with it and that's fucking fine.

I hate people.
    I will just say that the food industry deliberately works to misinform people. So that they will buy the unhealthy crap that the industry peddles thinking it is healthy.

So, system working as intended. The food industry has nothing to gain from well informed customers. Because nobody who is well informed buys their shit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Not to argue, but for a diabetic natural sugar is okay from like Bolthouse or Odwalla. Yet Tropicana, Welsh's, Florida Natural, etc adds sugar that a diabetic cannot process ... naturally. Because added sugar like High Fructose is a concentrate and a diabetic already has an issue with complex sugars adding that just raises our Blood sugar to Comatose levels. Where as a natural sugar found in fruit can be digested quickly and flawlessly.
    It's always people buying Mott's complaining that Bolthouse or Naked Juice has too much sugar.

It's never the reverse. Ever.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It's always people buying Mott's complaining that Bolthouse or Naked Juice has too much sugar.

It's never the reverse. Ever.
    Oh ... well continue on then.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I did.

wrong thread Korian. Check "bugging you today," the information in which you seek is there.

I'm usually working alone or with people I respect so I don't overhear anything that ridiculously stupid. Maybe the most is "that play was powerful and i cried through the whole thing" when it was just first world ablest bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Sats I was concerned I'll read all the details tho. I overhear a lot of things at work but I'm under a non disclosure/data privacy clause.

8. "I don't have any choice about having cable! I have kids!"

It nearly killed me not laughing at the woman who popped out that statement yesterday.

James

9. When I was a child I wanted my parents to get cable so I can watch some shows my friends watched at school. What's the issue?

10. I wanted cable too. I didn't get it!

Ironically in my adult life I have refused to support the antiquated system.