Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC, PS3, 360)

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC, PS3, 360)

I had successfully ignored this announcement until my wife stumbled onto the trailer and started yelling from downstairs that we had to buy it. She is blissfully unaware that I don't want to by an Activision game or a non-Move FPS on PS3. I, unfortunately, am fully aware that none of that matters if she really wants it come November. Fuck.

I do have to give Treyarch credit for both the premise and trailer. However, would we really want to save California? That seems more far fetched than everything else frankly.

edit: I also expect an extremely tempting and badass Jeep to be branded with this. I saw both the two and four-door MW3 ones recently while getting the oil changed on my wife's Jeep, and they are awesome.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 May 2012 at 02:13 PM.

2. I'll buy another Treyarch COD for sure. The single player story stuff sounds more interesting than usual this time with its branching story and multiple endings. The multi will be tight I'm sure.

How did BF3 turnout in comparison to the recent CoD games, since I know you played the shit out of both?

4. Completely anecdotal and could be due to game fatigue, but i got a ton of used MW3's traded in for battlefield 3.

5. Black Ops was better than MW3, IMO- especially in the challenge of Campaign mode. MW3 I found easy, even on Hardened.

I'm concerned with it using IW 3.0 (albeit modified) for the engine, but at least it'll utilize DX11 videocards. Maybe for BO2, the PC version won't be a "console port" with higher texture resolution. Let's see 2012 graphics in BO2, as opposed to seeing 2009 graphics in MW3- which wasn't quite the jump over MW2 that I hoped for.

Multiple routes through the campaign via the Strike Force mission feature should help this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name
    Completely anecdotal and could be due to game fatigue, but i got a ton of used MW3's traded in for battlefield 3.
    No surprise there.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    How did BF3 turnout in comparison to the recent CoD games, since I know you played the shit out of both?
    I have a love/hate relationship with BF3. I love the gameplay and destruction, but I really hate the lack of tools for communicating that were in BF2. I could get into it at great length but not here.

I bought MW3, played the multi for an hour or so and decided that I didn't wanna get on the unlocking hamster wheel again. Didn't touch singleplayer at all. BF3's single player was a poor copy of COD's which I haven't enjoyed since World at War or to a lesser extent, Black Ops.

BF3's multiplayer and COD multiplayer is apples and oranges. BF3's scale is much larger that COD's, which is basically Quake 3 with different gametypes and objective-based gameplay. Battlefield 3 has much more variety with vehicles on land,sea and air.

New COD intrigues me with all the drones flying around and mechs. Looks almost like Battlefield 2142, which I am a HUGE sucker for. I think Treyarch will try some interesting things with the series this time around. If its a success, great. If not, we can always have the "return to form" game for the new consoles. I bet Treyarch hits it out of the park. Those boys aren't the "B" team anymore.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    COD = Quake 3 with different gametypes and an unlock hamster wheel
    Word.

I haven't enjoyed a COD game since World at War. Though even with that game, I only played the multiplayer. Singleplayer sucked hard.

Something about World at War just felt right. Mostly, the double barreled shotguns taking off people's limbs.

8. I still play Black ops. It's way better than MW3 so I have high hopes for 2. Problem is I don't won't that future shit in my cod multiplayer. Looks like a god damn terminator game. I love black ops, so I hope Treyarch makes me eat my words and knocks this game outta the park. I will at least give them credit for having the balls to change up the usual cod formula.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling
    Those boys aren't the "B" team anymore.
    Infinity Ward sure seems to have taken a beating with Zampella and West gone and many employees following right behind. IMO Treyarch took the lead at Black Ops.

I don't mind this "future shit" in CoD. CoD could use a big changeup anyway- I've had my fill of WWII or MW themed CoD titles. Future warfare is where it's at. The dismemberment can stay in also. I hope there's a part where we get to blow enemies to bits with a high-cal MG, similar to what was in one of the later parts of F.E.A.R. 2.

10. Black ops 2 definitely needs to bring back the gore from WAW. I was disappointed Treyarch didn't keep it in black ops. More gore the better. Would gears of war be as fun if you couldn't saw people in half? Nope.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"