Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Games That Will Increase in Value - Game Speculating

I would never buy it but a store near me actually has 32X Web of Fire CIB. It has been there a few months now.

2. It's not even the best Genesis Spider-Man game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. It's arguably the worst.

4. I don't know... Arcade's Revenge was *rough*.

5. I'd still rather play it over WoF.

6. I'd rather... go outside or something. The Animated Series game was really bad too. Acclaim?

7. Maximum Carnage was a delight, every enemy looked like a rollerblader!

8. By God they deserved it.

Thinking of the soundtrack, a fight over a Green Jelly Cassingle played a role in a childhood friendship dissolving.

The only collections I've ever come close to completing are 3DO, 32X, Jaguar, and SMS. Bad games don't bother me, as long I as find them cheap. But it's the sports games. Never cared for them (probably due to being an SMS owner and the "great" series of garbage on that) and thus don't want them on my shelf.

The truly rare, rare shit, I would hold onto. The overpriced flavor of the month shit, I would dump. Collecting games is a huge fad right now, equaling comics in the 90s imo. The bottom is going to fall out. But like we've seen with the pre crash shit, the truly rare shit will continue to climb or hold value, and everything else will come back to semi reasonable prices.

I think so, anyway.
    Well people collect their childhoods. Either things they had and their shit parents got rid of, shit they destroyed, or shit they never got.

So the market will either fall out when your generation starts to die, leaving the games to families that care little about the games. Or if the supply is actually greater than the current demand, sales start to stall out, and people are forced to drop prices to move product.

You are probably hoping for interest to decrease. I don't know if that will happen. Games and toys are the big buyers' main hobbies. 'This' is where the bulk of their extra income goes to. There isn't another thing for them to move on to. All of the interest changing that was going to happen, happened about 10 years ago. We all witnessed it. It was the main cultural shift on this forum. The backlash against jp. People moving on from 'hardcore' gaming to other hobbies. People becoming parents. All of 'that', that was going to occur, occurred . We have no reason to expect a second hobby exodus nor the collection liquidation that went along with it.

About the only thing we can hope for now is that there are actually more of these games out there than there are big spenders and the prices will drop accordingly.

But everyone is right to be disgusted with the market. Prices are fucking stupid. Big money for mass produced plastic cartridges and disks that contain games that can be emulated or gotten on one of many virtual market places. You can purchase real antiques, real historical and rare items for as much or less than many of these games. You can buy a 3 inch thick book from 1890 on starting a steal forge, complete with fancy pictures of stern men with mustaches, for less than a new copy of FF7. There are like 10 million physical copies of that game out there.

I suppose people making too much money, obsessed with their childhood and entertainment is part of the times we live in though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You can buy a 3 inch thick book from 1890 on starting a steal forge, complete with fancy pictures of stern men with mustaches, for less than a new copy of FF7
    Or just download a scan for free.