Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Games That Will Increase in Value - Game Speculating

Also, if 16 year Olds really are the people spending $80 on used greatest hits ff7 disk and $300 for boxed cookers bad fur day, then prices will get worse, not better. You'll have new collectors replacing the old ones faster than supply can adjust.

We saw this with the transformer collector market. That fandom is bloated after the movies that prices are at an all time high.and hasbro can afford to put out encores and masterpiece toys. Oh and the $300 bootlegs.

This is also common with vintage guitars and amps. Prices always sky rocket when a new guitar god makes an album with something old. Before jack white, silver tones were.300. After? 1500 to 2000.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 17 Apr 2014 at 10:34 AM.

2. Games That Will Increase in Value - Game Speculating

What's frustrating is that nobody dropping that type of cash is going to actually play those instruments. They were cheap and forgotten for a reason. White has said that he chose those instruments because he wanted to limit himself (interview with Conan on YT).

Not true.

Gear prices are mostly a cycle of fads and trends. People keep trying different things. One year it is marshalls another oranges. Someone gets a good sound or puts out a hit and people flock to their set up.

Gear going unused is mostly an issue of current tastes. Ignoring current budget learner pack garbage. Though I'm sure someone will record a hit with that trash too, eventually.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 17 Apr 2014 at 12:28 PM.

I am glad I got a copy of Burning Rangers at Half Price Books complete as while it probably hasn't aged gracefully it continues to rise.

6. Anything that is made by Indy devers and is actually interesting to play. I mean anything nowadays. Take "Skull Girlz". It could be improved and all but it could get more.

Also it depends on which part of the world, the buyer is located. I have tons of things only valuable to people in an small group but otherwise that group gets old and starts to wan over time. People start to pass away; and people interests changes. Take how most people in the far east think Superman is so great. They still do, man.

Right now it seems that everything has an little value inside of it. Most likely if a game will raise in price even when the price has dropped.

Also it depends on the fanbase. Take "Dynamite Deka/Die hard for the Saturn/Arcade. That has an following. Then again the entire Die Hard series seems to turn heads.

Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Indy devers
    Who knew Yeller had a Chinese doppelganger?

8. I realize Pocky and Rocky 2 was hard to find but when the hell did the original crack a $100? Or this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocky-Rocky-...item4d25adefae

Both of them were not easy to find back in the day, I had to get mine thru mail order, I actually talked with a Natsume employee who said Pocky and Rocky 2 had an extremely low print run.

Oddly licensed Games that tie in to popular Movies like Godzilla for the Wii goes for sick money.