Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Games That Will Increase in Value - Game Speculating

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The problem with DS games is that they get reprints at the drop of a hat. There've been too many titles for me to keep track of that were steadily rising in value only to get castrated by a reprint.
    Control supply, create value, pump price, dump excess supply on market suppressing price.

This is what I do in cryptocurrency. Nintendo is the master.

I find it hard to get behind the "This game isn't worth playing for $50, but I'd play it for $10" mentality.
    I agree with this, and it's why I get infuriated when people say they'll wait for SP games to drop in price.

I like a lot of different games. In order to try them all and not go into debt, waiting for price drops is a necessity, especially in an age where rentals have disappeared and most companies are too scared to even make demos. There are some games I really want and buy day one but they are exceptions.

4. I like a lot of different cars. I don't get to own them all. I can appreciate the ones I do get to own though and not fret over the ones I don't. Insert books or movies instead of cars if need be. Same concept.

And I never said anything about digital versions dropping price or having sales. Since that only affects the publisher/developer/platform holder then they can do what they want with that. My method for physical ensures more of an upfront return for publishers, since "waiting for the drop" is eliminated, ensures steady amount of shelf space for the retailer as well as less loss due to price drops, and more incentive for an informed audience.
    I'm sorry Yeller missed out on Afterburner. But he had four years to buy it. I missed seeing some concerts last year. Oh well.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    And if you want, I'll buy em for $6.00 each!
    You bastard!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I like a lot of different games. In order to try them all and not go into debt, waiting for price drops is a necessity, especially in an age where rentals have disappeared and most companies are too scared to even make demos. There are some games I really want and buy day one but they are exceptions.
    I didn't mean to imply that everything should be bought day one, but I see people who automatically wait on SP games because they're SP games. I know you're not in that camp. You could look at it as a risk proposition. If a good game is worth $60, then the games you're pretty sure you'll enjoy should be bought day one. Those that are a coin flip, should be bought at $30; those that are a flier can wait for 75% off, etc. For me, that basically means that a handful of developers get most of my day one dollars, because they've earned it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sorry Yeller missed out on Afterburner. But he had four years to buy it. I missed seeing some concerts last year. Oh well.
    Actually I've got Afterburner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Oh, Bonuskun.
    My bad.

After Burner's situation is stupid. Sega should never have bothered with officially licensed jets because no one gives a shit about that.

10. The expense to strip the licenses out is more than they'd get out of it at this stage, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!