Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Games That Will Increase in Value - Game Speculating

1. Half of the people coming into my shop looking for 8/16 bit shit were born well into the 32 bit era. This isnt middle aged people trying to reclaim their childhood. It's nerds who dont give a fuck about actually playing these games. They want it because the angry game nerd compared it in some way to elephant diarrhea dumps.

2. I should be kicking myself for selling both of my boxed copies of Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) for under $20 about 7 or 8 years ago. I believe I'd sold one of those to a member of TNL.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Anyone want to take the official strategy guide off of my hands for $30 shipped?

*Edit*

Damn you SSJN! Did I sell you a factory sealed copy of that game?

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...s-all-F-sealed
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Apr 2014 at 11:27 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    They want it because the angry game nerd compared it in some way to elephant diarrhea dumps.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Half of the people coming into my shop looking for 8/16 bit shit were born well into the 32 bit era. This isnt middle aged people trying to reclaim their childhood. It's nerds who dont give a fuck about actually playing these games. They want it because the angry game nerd compared it in some way to elephant diarrhea dumps.
    do they pay the high prices, or are they buying the 5.99 Sonic 2 not for resale carts?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 16 Apr 2014 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Or just download a scan for free.
    go find it, cowboy

6. Just sayin'. You can't argue that carts offer nothing ROMs don't, then go "Now books, there's an experience that can't be replicated digitally." You're fetishizing just like the tendotape guys.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Half of the people coming into my shop looking for 8/16 bit shit were born well into the 32 bit era. This isnt middle aged people trying to reclaim their childhood. It's nerds who dont give a fuck about actually playing these games. They want it because the angry game nerd compared it in some way to elephant diarrhea dumps.
    Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Just sayin'. You can't argue that carts offer nothing ROMs don't, then go "Now books, there's an experience that can't be replicated digitally." You're fetishizing just like the tendotape guys.
    1. Don't get hung up on the fact I used a book as an example. It could have been any antique. I just used a book because it was the last thing I looked at and knew the price with certainty.

2. Not all books have been scanned. But almost all 32 bit games back, have been rommed/ disk iso'ed.

3. Most pre 1900s books will hold their value despite scanning. There are far fewer of them still in existence and they have an innate value that mass produced play things do not have. Something like the ledger of the Titanic is not going to go down in value because a pdf pops up on the internet. It is very rare and is part of a historical event. That can not be said for 99.99% of video games.

4. I did not say that carts offer nothing that ROMS don't. But it is a second source of supply, and technically should drive the price down. Without roms everyone is competing for a chance to play and demand is at its max. With roms, there is a cut off between those that just want to play the game and those that need to own everything: the cart, the play experience, maybe the manual and box.

9. Holy shit, was the Titanic ledger in the box?!

10. No, Rose's necklace.