Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guilty Pleasure Band

1. Sublime and Herbie Hancock don't belong on a list dedicated to guilty pleasures. Hell, hip hop owes its existence partly to samples lifted from Herbie Hancock records.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

2. Yeah, but Jazz people kind of reject him, and a lot of others just remember him from Rock It.

Like I said, I don't actually feel guilty about any of these, I'm just trying to play along by naming stuff I hear dismissed or derided.

3. I have no idea what constitutes a "guilty pleasure" band since I have no idea what's popular and what isn't outside of the painfully obvious. Here's some of the groups I enjoy that don't seem to get a lot of love...

The Presidents of the United States of America (one of my fav bands ever)
    Hawkwind
    Eels
    John Cena (I know he's terrible but I love it all the same)
    Drain STH
    MC Frontalot
    Harvey Danger
    The Wizards
    Supreme Beings of Leisure
    Real Big Fish
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. You flagpole sitta.

REAL Big Fish?

REAL
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Troll?

This unsigned band from CA - PK. Probably not for everyone, but I dig their sound. Tons of 80's british pop band influence. It's been a while since I've paid so much attention to guitar playing (mostly, if not all downstrokes).

This was bugging me because I knew they sounded similar to a band I used to dig but haven't heard in a while. I couldn't figure it out, then it clicked today.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I have no idea what constitutes a "guilty pleasure" band since I have no idea what's popular and what isn't outside of the painfully obvious. Here's some of the groups I enjoy that don't seem to get a lot of love...

The Presidents of the United States of America (one of my fav bands ever)
    Hawkwind
    Eels
    John Cena (I know he's terrible but I love it all the same)
    Drain STH
    MC Frontalot
    Harvey Danger
    The Wizards
    Supreme Beings of Leisure
    Real Big Fish
    With the exception of John Cena this list is pretty stellar.

I like most of the new Owl City album. Nobody else in my life accepts this. I have to listen to it alone.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.