Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Sega Saturn

1. I first played a Saturn about a week after it came out and thought it was awful. Virtua Fighter and Daytona played alright, but the graphics were so glitchy looking and the controller so awful, that I was happy to go back to playing 32X and wait for Playstation to come out.
    My Playstation was an unreliable defective piece of shit from day one, so after a couple of years I sold it. I needed a new game system, and the model 2 Saturn was down to $129 with three games, and all the other games were heavily discounted. I nearly bought a toploader 3DO with Super SF2 and the 6 button pad for $99 instead, but I just wanted the Saturn more, I guess.
    Over the next year or so, I got dozens of bargain bin and used Saturn games, mostly Capcom or Sega Fighting games, but also Nights, Quake, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Galactic Attack, Mr. Bones. It was enough to keep me entertained until I bought a Nintendo 64 when OoT time came out.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The saturn was alright. It had some good rpgs back before the ps1 really got going.
    Shining: The Holy Ark was my favorite RPG from that generation. It felt like a 16-bit RPG, with 32-bit enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Actually, on an objective basis Sega's best system was the 32x. It tanked so badly because it couldn't handle it's own awesomeness.
    IBTN.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    ... I was happy to go back to playing 32X...
    See, this man knows what's up.

5. I've never played 32X. Hell I may never have even seen one in person.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I've never played 32X. Hell I may never have even seen one in person.
    All those fucking cords. I got rid of mine last year. What a piece of shit.

7. You just wait until that Wolfenstein homebrew comes out.
    You'll be eating those words!

8. Panzer Dragoon Zwei is really goddamned good.

9. I remember beating this and being underwhelmed by the story, but someone (mechdeus maybe?) went into how it was kinda twisted where by doing what Emerald wanted you to do you would be doing the bad thing...or something. I didn't get any of what he was saying from the game. Maybe it just went over my head, or there was more to the manga/anime that wasn't in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You just wait until that Wolfenstein homebrew comes out.
    You'll be eating those words!
    Um...yeah. The effort is cool and all, but I'd rather play it on the 3DO. Kudos to Chilly Willy for the effort, though.

One day I will finish my Neptune!