Thread: UnderCurrent (PC w/ Oculus Rift)

UnderCurrent (PC w/ Oculus Rift)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    UnderCurrent is an Unreal-powered deep sea exploration game designed for Oculus Rift from a group of university students over in the UK. The group became fascinated with VR technology and has already put together three different levels, though the collective notes that some of the core mechanics of UnderCurrent are still undetermined.

These students are also maintaining a work blog chronicling each step of the design process, covering everything from music to artwork and team bios. The developers promise more videos and updates as work continues over the coming summer.
    Link

The potential of this game is so dead on my sweet spot that I really hope it turns out well.

2. God, this will either be amazing as fuck or a total turd. I'm down for anything OR though.

3. Why do people put refraction effects in underwater games? Have they never been to an aquarium? I don't get it.

That said, I think this is the sort of game design that could be very compelling in VR. I think VR is going to be less interesting for things like FPS than people expect, but the immersive qualities are going to really enhance environmental exploration and interaction, as well as simulation games, and this is a little of both.