Page 23 of 305 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I know, it's good to see shades of old TNL.
    IBTN

I played Kirby's Adventure for the first time ever. It's pretty fun, but doesn't quite have the charm of some of the other games in the series. The color choices are a bit odd, it reminds me of playing a Gameboy game through a Super Gameboy.

I also popped in Tiger Heli, which I remember was awesome at my cousin's house when I was 6. It's not so awesome today.

Finally, I played some Super C. I never really played this game much, I'm trying to beat it without the lives code. I got pretty far, then got my ass kicked.

Still trying to fight the urge to pick up a Famicom...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. Shou filled me in on what some of the games i want sell for CIB. Yeah, fuck that.
    I brought an nes home and a ton of games. I used to love the pinball game High Speed so i thought i would check out the nintendo version. Awful. As if keeping the ball in play isnt hard enough, theres this gaseous thing that moves around the board and will steal your ball if it touches it. Shitty!
    Now im playing star tropics. The controls are stiffer and more annoying than i remember, but still so good.

4. At the in-laws house, there is a flea market nearby. Gonna give it a shot.

Competition -1

SSJN: Seriously, fuck CIB. Not worth it at all.

7. This thread inspired me to go through my old NES games.

According to the Castlevania 3 instruction manual, Grant's last name is DaNasty, like he was a fucking Beastie Boy. I always thought that as a child I was merely mispronouncing "Dynasty."

8. I still want a twin, but my days of paying $100 and up for a single game are well behind me.
    I will live with cart only when it means im paying one tenth of the price a complete game goes for.
    Im in the third chapter of ST and the lava boss is kicking my ass. If his fireballs dont hit me, i jump into the swirling flames by avoiding his fireballs. Argh.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    SSJN: Seriously, fuck CIB. Not worth it at all.
    I've always felt this way. I would go CIB for a game that meant a lot to me, but fuck that noise for "rare" titles and the like. If it plays, it plays.

Eh, if you're patient I'm sure a Twin will pop up on Famicom World. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I was researching how to write my own FDS disks. Slippery slope...