Page 8 of 305 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

After almost bidding on about a half dozen different Famicoms on ebay, I forced myself to redirect that energy toward something less expensive (and that supports RGB and/or Component), so I made a list of the Wii VC games I want. For the NES there are 34 of them, of which I have 16. The $5 x 18 to close sounds bad until I consider what complete Famicom copies would have cost me. However, WHERE THE FUCK IS CONTRA ON VC?

Why are you looking for a Famicom? Just like the Japanese goodness (and the better version of Contra?)

Everyone has an NES. Fuck being like everyone. Also, the AV Famicom has the best video, and Twin Famicoms are sexy as hell.

I find this answer acceptable.

5. I actually find the FC carts more reliable.

plus they're so tiny and colorful

6. So how friendly is the NES to importing? I remember early NES games housed a simple adapter within them.

There is a few Famicom titles I'd like to pick up like Splatterhouse, can Famicom systems play US carts?

7. no, but there are adapters that are rather inexpensive.

The price of the converters have been going up in seems. There is a NES to Famicom converter that can be had for 10 bucks on ebay, but a Famicom to NES converter is pretty pricey, as are the 5 screw NES games that have the converter in them.

I wouldn't mind having a Famicom if I could find a clean one. I always thought they were ugly, but all of the consoles I've seen have been dirty and discolored. A clean white one is kind of 80's fabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Hmm. One of the cheapo chinese places i order accessories from makes them. I can get them for like $5 a pop.