Page 291 of 305 FirstFirst ... 277287289290291292293295 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Just now?

Don't get jealous, come see me when you beat ActRaiser 2.

3. Played through Castlevania IV last night.
    Man, I had always thought Super Ghouls n' Ghosts was cheap with its environment hazards and one hit kills. Castlevania is another level of bullshit to deal with. The gameplay restrictions in SGnG actually seem to have shaped the game layout. Things seem crazy the first time you see them, but the patterns are all reliable and you don't feel reliant on twitch reactions. The only really bullshit parts were the Red Arremer encounters.

With Castlevania you have projectiles flying around and disappearing platforms that sometimes fall out from beneath you before you can jump off of them. I had to replay one section a ton of times with falling staircases because it kept falling out beneath me. The late boss battles you really have to know the patterns and then pretty aggressively fight back to survive. That last battle with Dracula was a real pain in the ass. It doesn't even look that good.

The highlight was seeing Dracula's treasure vault. I don't recall playing this area in the other 'Vanias I've played.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. I was replaying Castlevania 4 on Wii U not too long ago. This was one of the first SNES games I had. I thought it was a lot easier than Castlevania 1. And it is for the most part.

I remember the one stage with the dancing ghosts, there's a segment where you have to jump from mode7 chandelier to chandelier or something. If you get game over you have to go to the start of the stage. I was doing my best to not cheaply save state so I'd only go restore to the start of the level. The best part is actually learning the patterns for the first sections of the stage. I really Have no patience for all the platforming and falling to my death though. I imagine if the game has cheap parts like this, it's not as big of a deal because it has a password system. You don't wanna finish the game TOO easily, right?

5. Did anyone see this?

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Looks rad.

6. I’ve wanted someone to do this since I got my retrousb AVS.
    All over it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Did anyone see this?

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Looks rad.
    $190!

8. Woah, that's cool. Way cheaper than the NT, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. If you didn't have to pay in full at pre-order I would have pre-ordered one, but this month has been too fucking expensive already.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. I want the SFC one.
    My Retro Duo needs to be retired.