Page 281 of 305 FirstFirst ... 267277279280281282283285295 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Any broken ones yet? I want the case.
    You wanna put your weed in there?

I waited at a Toys R Us launch day and got one. Fortunately I waited with a homie so it wasn't a big deal. This thing's pretty dope. This might be the greatest collection of games you can buy in one package... OF ALL TIME! So many RPGs on there, and not the Breath of Fire's of the RPG world. Tier 1 shit.

There's always the argument of emulators or some shit but how often do you spend time focusing on a single game in an emulator? I typically just sample stuff and move on, don't really value it. I've got something that I know where my latest saves are, don't have to worry about which computer or which device. But I kinda would rather just play them on Switch, but Nintendo's gotta wait so they can sell them to me again! I'm a sucker, but I enjoy these shits more than most "Game of the Year" new releases these days.

I put some time into Super Metroid and I'm realizing that I haven't seriously played this game since high school. I forgot so much about it that it feels like a new game. I wish I could say the same thing about A Link To The Past... I love that it's not baby easy as well, you can't just play wrecklessly from what I've played so far. What a novel concept...

I played a bit of F-Zero after that. I had a SNES near launch with F-Zero and played the shit out of it when I was a kid. I STILL wish it had a 2-player mode. I've been playing this game on emulators recently actually, just to see if it was any fun. I had assumed it was garbage just because of how outdated it is. But I think it's actually a great action/racing game. It still feels nice and offers a great challenge, even if it's a bit cheap at times. The track designs awesome. And I forget those "Nintendo" design touches, like that track with the wind on it.

Contra 3 was next on my list and I realized that I never actually played this game before. I only played Hard Corps on Genesis on emulator. I was worried that I wouldnt like it because I never liked Super C, all original Contra for me. It's hard as rocks but I dig the grappling mechanics. You really gotta memorize every obstacle though so I'd need to put in work to get anywhere in that game. Hopefully there's a Konami code!

Anyway, I love this thing and I don't think it'll collect dust. I wish it had more casual 2 player games like a Tetris Attack though. I wish they would've resolved whatever licensing conflict because that's my favorite SNES game. I'm trying to play through Xenogears right now on Vita so I don't know if I'll ever get around to diving into Earthbound or Super Mario RPG. But those are 2 games I've been meaning to beat since I was a wee lad.

Play Mario RPG first.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Play Mario RPG first.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    You wanna put your weed in there?
    This is what I get for never posting in Gaming Discussion. Hehe.

I want to put my Pi in it. Unless there are good quality 3D printed ones people can recommend. I tried a few but they were all crap.

(If I get one, I'll make the background of Emulation Station be a marijuana leaf.)

5. I’ve played through Earthbound, Super Mario RPG and Final Fantasy 3 too many times for me to do it again. I’ve been putting my time in Megaman X and Yoshi’s Island.

I remembered how good YI is, still one of my fave games ever; but Megaman X, I forgot how good this game is, the way levels change subtlety after you kil Mavericks and some sub-bosses was so cool.

Did Super Castlevania always look like shit? Apart from the gimmicky whip, this shit plays and almost looks like an NES game.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Super Castlevania isn't as good as you remember after playing Bloodlines and Rondo. It has awesome music and atmosphere though.

Yeah, it's kind of bad.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    This is what I get for never posting in Gaming Discussion. Hehe.

I want to put my Pi in it. Unless there are good quality 3D printed ones people can recommend. I tried a few but they were all crap.

(If I get one, I'll make the background of Emulation Station be a marijuana leaf.)
    I was looking at one on youtube today that looks like it fits the part you want, but it's nes style... I like how they traveled in time and stole my idea about having connection pass-throughs built in to the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP09tmNax18

This pi case is rad, and cheaper than a Classic.

https://www.rasptendo.com/

10. Can you upload/host an image of working pi so I can just download and it magically works? I am not really into learning a bunch of arcane commands