Page 299 of 305 FirstFirst ... 285295297298299300301303 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. How about just leaving it at “Glad you’ve got power back”?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    How about just leaving it at “Glad you’ve got power back”?
    I could have but like I said, it just annoyed the shit out of me from constantly watching the news reports about this. I just get tired of the media always making shit worse then it is for no reason other then ratings. I've been talking to Melf on Sega-16 since he 1st was able to talk to everyone so it's not like I didn't know he was ok until just now. You don't have to be so harsh about it that you felt the need to say I was being an asshole for making a comment that the media was embellishing the situation.

I was seriously worried when I found out how bad it was for him over there and watching the news reports only made me worry even more. So yeah knowing that he's ok and the island is getting power back way faster then everyone was saying is a huge relief.

You yourself have said some stuff where people have called you an ass also but not once have I ever thought of you as such.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Nov 2017 at 04:49 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. So 0% of the island not having power is a disaster but 33% of the island having power is shut the fuck up and quit whining?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    So 0% of the island not having power is a disaster but 33% of the island having power is shut the fuck up and quit whining?
    Gotta love how the media blew that shit out of proportion. They were talking half a year before any of that shit was going to happen.
    The Media said the whole island as in all of Puerto Rico wasn't going to have power for anyone for at least half a year since the hurricane. Everyone kept saying the island's poor infrastructure made it impossible to have anything like power much less internet for half a year.

I'm happy this wasn't the case meaning it probably won't be too much longer before everyone has power again.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Nov 2017 at 05:06 AM.

5. I’m no math wizard, but if it took 2 months to get 1/3 of the island up and running then...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I’m no math wizard, but if it took 2 months to get 1/3 of the island up and running then...
    I think it'll pick up faster now since the main issue was getting the power plants back online. I could be wrong which I'll be happy to admit but there's been a huge outpouring of support and help coming to Puerto Rico that I feel things will get back in order much much sooner. Like I said before it was said that it would take half a year before anyone at all would get power and in 2 months we're already seeing positive results.

My real hope out of all of this silly argument we're having is that we can all agree that having a much more solid infrastructure put in place for things like this will help them prepare for something like this if it ever comes to chance again.

Edit: You know what? I'm not even going to keep this silly discussion going anymore. This is a thread about the nes/snes. If you guys want to try and educate me on not being an asshole just take it to Fight Club.~
    Last edited by BonusKun; 06 Nov 2017 at 05:39 AM.

7. BonusKun is actually right about the media inflating elements of what happened here. The problem is also that the government is trying to make itself look good after its disastrous handling of the response/recovery, so there's lots of conflicting information. The Army Corps of Engineers said that half the island would have power by February, after the governor told everyone that 95% would have it by December. The politicking going on here is sickening.

Like I said, I live in a tourist area and near elderly apartments, so I was lucky that it "only" took a month for the power to come back. Huge swaths of the island won't have power for several months, and a third still don't even have water.

But yeah, #puertoricoselevanta has derailed this thread long enough! Let's get back to talking about hacking the SNES Classic. On topic: I get a C8 error when I shut it down, supposedly because I'm not using folders (just the standard box art menu). I was thinking of organizing folders alphabetically or by publisher. Any tips?

8. Don’t go over 62 games in a folder.

9. I really should put some more games on mine, just thought about that since the thread was bumped

is that compatibility list on the one guys google spreadsheet still actively maintained?

10. I thought being a sarcastic asshole is TNL's DNA.