Page 293 of 305 FirstFirst ... 279289291292293294295297 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    "I'll never buy from Christop because his prices are too high and he doesn't provide tech support."
    Sounds like the sort of thing gamers would complain about.
    And that's wrong because?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. If his stuff was overpriced, it wouldn't consistently sell out.
    I can understand "his stuff costs more than I'm willing to pay" though. It's why I haven't purchased his $450-$5000 consoles. But this is priced reasonably, and it's something I've wanted for some time. Now if retrousb were to announce one, I'd probably wait for them because I really like the job they did with the AVS.
    But they haven't, so...

3. Also: Isn't NG.com one of the more assholey forums around?
    Next to us, of course.

4. However, $45 for shipping can suck a dick.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If his stuff was overpriced, it wouldn't consistently sell out.
    You tell me how good an NES System costing near a grand is good and I'll point you to an idiot with more money then common sense. NG.com is known for assholishness but it's also known for sniffing out bullshit faster then most forums on the net.

Christoph is just another one man show trying to profit off hipsters and people's childhood memories. The fact he refused to answer any legit questions about the tech of his 1st system should be a huge red flag for anyone thinking of giving this guy money. People like him are the ones you should avoid.

6. Yeah, why would an entrepreneur not want to give out his tech secrets? Makes no sense.
    And I'm with you, I much prefer corporations trying to profit off my childhood memories.
    BRB, going to Hot Topic to get a $25 Mario T-Shirt.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    And that's wrong because?
    Nothing wrong, just a very gamer complaint.

Gamer: I will never buy from Christop because his prices are too high and the products break and he doesn’t fix them for you.

Normal person: I’ll probably not buy it because he has a history of selling broken stuff and I don’t want to gamble the money.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, why would an entrepreneur not want to give out his tech secrets? Makes no sense.
    And I'm with you, I much prefer corporations trying to profit off my childhood memories.
    BRB, going to Hot Topic to get a $25 Mario T-Shirt.
    Because he was asking for nearly a grand for a NES system people took apart and found out he was saccing original hardware instead of fabricating his own. That so justifies the high price tag. What he did could have been easily done on an original NES for a fraction of the cost yet he's asking a shit-ton of money. Here's the main question he avoided.

This system wont be bastardizing any actual NES/Famicom systems for things like PPU's and CPU's will it? That would be hella sad if it does since its possible to rebuild an entire NES fairly accurately with RGB or even HDMI (480p) using FPGA. At the very minimum I really hope it is at least newly manufactured hardware and did not require that you kill an original system to create, especially since there is an amazing RGB option already available from Tim that does not kill the originals.
    A simple yes or no would have been enough but this and the fact he kept avoiding other people's questions decided it for me right then and there not never give this guy my money. It you can't be honest about your product then you obviously don't want people's money that badly. The only reason he even sold some of these fucking NES mt's was because he probably sent a unit to Yahoo and IGN so they would make positive posts about the stupid fucking thing.

And let's be real here, He's not a company. He's just one guy doing this shit on his own nevermind the fact that the damn Neo systems look terrible in wood casings and the nt system just looks just as bad. There are just cheaper and better options then what this guy is doing.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 18 Oct 2017 at 11:34 AM.

9. Brb, going to bitch out Apple for charging $1000 for a phone that costs less than $200 to make. The fact that people do buy anything at a given price point is all the justification any price point needs. Ever watch Shark Tank? They'll always ask what the cost to produce an item is versus its selling price and it's always a multiple hundred percent difference. That's how business works.
    Also, where is this $1000 price tag coming from? From what I recall the NT was $500 with an additional $50 for some adapter. Also WTF at "people found out he was saccing original hardware instead of fabricating his own" comment. I didn't follow the story very closely, but everything I ever heard about it was that he was using original hardware to achieve 100% compatibility. It was a selling point! Also, like ARBM stated- it was (supposedly) all from broken units. Whether it was or wasn't, I don't really care. All your moms did more damage to the supply of old games/hardware than this Cristoph guy ever did.
    And he didn't sell "some" of the NTs, he sold all he made.
    And WTF at your Yahoo/IGN comment. Because no one ever sends their stuff to notable websites to get positive feedback.

Finally, I'll just throw this old chestnut out there. "Yeah, I know he may have done some bad things, but I can separate the man from the work." I like that we'll justify pedos, animal abusers, and he man woman haters, but dumb shit like this is where the line gets drawn in the sand.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Finally, I'll just throw this old chestnut out there. "Yeah, I know he may have done some bad things, but I can separate the man from the work." I like that we'll justify pedos, animal abusers, and he man woman haters, but dumb shit like this is where the line gets drawn in the sand.
    Let's be real here tho the guy is a pretentious shithead and giving him your money is just idiotic. Also I can't believe I forgot this but when he announced the NES nt he tried to tell us the fucking thing was going to play NES games in real stereo sound. Tell me again how that's possible?

P.S. It's still not real stereo sound on that thing.

Not trying to bust your balls on this but I don't think the point of him selling all his units matters since it just proves how fucking stupid many people really are.

Edit: I have no idea where you're getting the man-woman haters, pedo , animal abusers from tho. I try and just ignore the news these days.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 18 Oct 2017 at 12:01 PM.