Page 286 of 305 FirstFirst ... 272282284285286287288290300 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    To their credit, Road Avenger is top tier FMV game.
    It would be interesting to see if a burned CD of that port would work on the PlayStation Prototype.

2. ah man I guess battery-type saves are dependent on the savestate file itself on this thing, wasting the day playing ff3 and I know I saved in-game but the file loading wants to load a file that I saved 20 minutes ago regardless if I resume the save-state or not

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It would be interesting to see if a burned CD of that port would work on the PlayStation Prototype.
    It wouldn't, those ports use some of the processing power of the SD2snes's fpga. A real SNES CD would have more limitations.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It wouldn't, those ports use some of the processing power of the SD2snes's fpga. A real SNES CD would have more limitations.
    The FPGA is used to act like any of the enhancement chips used in the SNES carts. The FPGA would act like the MSU1 in the case of Road Avenger.

Right, but the FPGA is way more powerful than anything Nintendo/Sony would have used back in the day. Also, a (likely) single speed CD-Rom attachment would have bus limitations that a SD2SNES doesn't have to worry about. A real Road Avengers port would probably look much better than the Sega CD version due to the increased colors, but not as good as what we actually have in the MSU1 port. Also don't forget that the Road Avengers file is actually quite a bit larger than a CD-ROM, so more compression would have to be used to fit it on the CDs of the day.

6. The Playstation prototype has a 2X speed CD drive.

I think it would be closer to the Saturn version, but with a few lengthier pauses. It's possible that they would have to cut the frames down like the Sega CD version because of disk space, but the Sega CD used 500MB discs while later CD based consoles used 650MB.
    Last edited by gamevet; 09 Oct 2017 at 08:48 PM.

7. I walked into TRU to buy a baby gate to keep the dogs out of my game room, and there was a stack of these things just sitting behind the customer service counter. I asked for one and got it for the MSRP. The local game store was selling it for $120. Sorry local, but big retail beat you on this one.

8. Nice!

9. I guess in a way, the devastation helped Melf get one since presumably people are more focused on food/water than some plastic toy.

10. He should pick up more, so he can rule the wasteland once things recover a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!