Page 295 of 305 FirstFirst ... 281291293294295296297299 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. There's currently no other SNES FPGA on the market. Unfortunately for all of us this dude has tied up Kevtris, the genius behind this FPGA and the NES FPGA (both in the Analog NT Mini, and the HiDefNES kit). If others can do it great, but I'm pretty sure the dude that makes the AVS has said he's got negative plans to do an SNES one. There was some other person working on an SNES FPGA core (not even a whole system like this just a core) and he's been working on it for years and last I read he still didn't have it booting retail games. So it sucks this dude is an ass, but in regards to an SNES FPGA system he really is the only game in town right now.

I'll give you modding your NES for HDMI is cheaper than the original or mini Analog NT, and that is the route I went. If Kevtris released a HiDefSNES kit I'd go that route of this thing too. I don't think that's possible though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Isn't the analogue NT essentially a restored broken old Famicom thrown into a new case modded for HD? Did people really have objections to his gutting broken stuff and making it work again and better? I think that's pretty cool.
    The original was. The cheaper mini was based on a FPGA chip, just like this one.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    There's currently no other SNES FPGA on the market. Unfortunately for all of us this dude has tied up Kevtris, the genius behind this FPGA and the NES FPGA (both in the Analog NT Mini, and the HiDefNES kit). If others can do it great, but I'm pretty sure the dude that makes the AVS has said he's got negative plans to do an SNES one. There was some other person working on an SNES FPGA core (not even a whole system like this just a core) and he's been working on it for years and last I read he still didn't have it booting retail games. So it sucks this dude is an ass, but in regards to an SNES FPGA system he really is the only game in town right now.

I'll give you modding your NES for HDMI is cheaper than the original or mini Analog NT, and that is the route I went. If Kevtris released a HiDefSNES kit I'd go that route of this thing too. I don't think that's possible though.
    Time can only tell broski but I'm a betting man that eventually someone will be able to do the same thing Kevtris does for hardware that was made in the 90s & for a lot damn cheaper.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. $190 is not a lot of money for what's being offered...

5. I'm all for being a principled consumer, but I think it's moot when the guy is guaranteed to sell every unit he builds.
    You aren't depriving anyone but yourself.

6. Even if something comes along the way that allows you to Hi Def your SNES, I highly doubt it's going to be all that much cheaper, but shouldn't be as much of a pain in the ass as hi defing an NES is.

7. Ok, someone please explain to me what this is and why everyone cares. I see a snes that outputs to HDMI.

This thread is really confusing me. Someone is trying to be principled and people are climbing over themselves to prove that he shouldn't? Because it doesn't matter because the devil will win in the end anyway? Everyone else bought it so it's okay? It's okay to support assholes if they're the only one providing a 100% complete luxury item first, no choice, it must be bought?

This thing plays super nintendo games? Just like the snes we all have in our closets? What else does it do?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. BK is more than welcome to stick to his principles. He also gets to call me an ass and an idiot because I don't see things the way he does.
    I asked what made the dude an asshole and was presented with "he doesn't want other people stealing his ideas/tech, he overcharges for the things only he was offering, he won't fix his broken shit." Two of those three complaints I don't see an issue with because it's kind of how things are done. You don't have a market all to yourself and then don't try to capitalize on it.
    You know what I didn't buy because the seller was a jerk? Battlesphere Gold for the Jaguar. What was the outcome? He sold every unit he made regardless and I could have had a game I wanted for $170. Now it sells for close to $2000.

In regards to your other questions, you answered them yourself. It plays Super Nintendo games far more accurately than other unofficial hardware on the market will, but unlike the SNES we all have in our closets, it does so in 1080p with a plethora of picture image options; and despite some crying out about the price it is in the same ballpark as other FPGA systems have been priced. This plus an everdrive is heaven for the modern TV owner.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    It's okay to support assholes
    Sure. You also can not support them.

BK came out the gate very antagonistic about the guy, and his reasons don't sound all that special? Did he Scrooge McDuck all the preorder money or something? He's just an asshole?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

He's a lying asshole marketer. Think Mike Kennedy except that Christoph actually managed to get a decent product out thanks to Kevtris (who is awesome.)

He's not a scammer though. Just a prick.