Page 232 of 305 FirstFirst ... 218228230231232233234236246 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. I recall reading somewhere that the best version of Rayman is on Jag, but I always thought it was an overrated game to begin with.

2. Official (S)NES Thread

Dino Park Tycoon. /lol no that's 3DO
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that the best version of Rayman is on Jag, but I always thought it was an overrated game to begin with.
    Totally best on Jag.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that the best version of Rayman is on Jag, but I always thought it was an overrated game to begin with.
    Yes, Jaguar Rayman is supposedly superior. It was originally developed on the system, so I don't consider it a port. The PS1/Saturn were ports.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Didn't Theme Park have a thing where you couldn't save your park?
    I guess so. You pretty much have to sell your park when you want to quit playing. The game has 5 save spots to store your cash earned, and that's it.

Why is the Jaguar Rayman the best version?

The Saturn one has better graphics, better sound, and a million times better controller. Rebuttal from someone rlse who has actually played them as opposed to regurgitating internet facts?

Also: http://shmuplations.com/megaman/

Best translated interview ever about A.K.'s involvement in Mega Man. Pretty much confirms all the assumptions I made in my video.

7. Wellp. That was literally the best videogame interview I've ever read.

Putting the weakest enemy at the end of each wave to manage not the objective difficulty of the game, but the player's memory of the difficulty on a half-conscious level is absolute genius. Beautiful, even. I'd be surprised if any of us had noticed that consciously, but I think we all felt it.

A.K.'s creative brain works like the creative brain of a poet. What a great read. I had goosebumps throughout.

God, now I want to go home and play Megaman right the fuck now.

8. Shmuplations is amazing. Sooo many great interviews there. I've used a couple of them for articles for Sega-16.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Why is the Jaguar Rayman the best version?

The Saturn one has better graphics, better sound, and a million times better controller. Rebuttal from someone rlse who has actually played them as opposed to regurgitating internet facts?
    Bear in mind it has been 20 or so years since I played a Jaguar and it was before I had an eye to tell, but the Saturn port was just crummy. The color looked washed out was one of the big reasons (even compared to the PS version).

I also remember the Jag playing smoother overall. I don't know why this was and I'm not about to go into retrospective researching, firing up emus etc to pin down why because it's fucking Rayman so who cares? I think it might have had to do with something like the entire screen being playable on the Jag versus a marginal deadzone but I could be wrong, but the Jag felt better. It may have been the music, honestly, changing the feel of pace though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Shmuplations is amazing. Sooo many great interviews there. I've used a couple of them for articles for Sega-16.
    I just read a Yu Suzuki interview on it a few days ago where he says they wanted to make a point that you didn't need a pricey graphics workstation to make a game, so they made Afterburner on a PC-98!