Page 226 of 305 FirstFirst ... 212222224225226227228230240 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3042

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

So, as I mentioned in the haul thread I got a beautiful AV Famicom. My whole intention was to RGB mod it, as it is the easiest of all the NES systems to do the mod on since it already has a multi AV out, and use a Fami Everdrive on it so I have a tiny system with perfect picture and a ton of games on one cart.

The install was a little more difficult than I was anticipating, getting the PPU out is a bitch even with my awesome desoldering pump. I broke a pin off the PPU, which is bad, and had to ghetto fix it, making it kinda of ugly but hey, it still works. I didn't install the palette switch, as I think I'd prefer the original colors anyway, and without it the system looks completely stock when closed. Difficulties aside, it all works and can use SNES RGB and svideo cables.

It's glorious... everything is razor sharp and the brighter colors pop. The normal palette does tend to use muted colors though, so it's not the explosion of color that some other systems get when switching to RGB. It also may be too sharp, some people would probably soften the image a bit on their TVs. Of course, at the end of the day it's still NES graphics, so it's debatable if the mod is worth the money and time to do, but for me it definitely is.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I find that an RGB mod converted to component on an SDTV does a great job of holding focus and showing tons of detail while still being a little soft from the SDTV stuff. Looks kind of weird on something like a PVM.

I'm pretty dang happy with my setup at the moment. Got one of my toasters RGB modded a few months back and it looks amazing.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I need to do that. Or just build a media computer. Going shit stock on an hdtv just pisses me off.

4. I'd love to mod my toaster and cut myself on those razor sharp edges on my PVM but it's so damn expensive.

5. Found this on Tiny Cartridge. Pretty sure some of you guys are going to waste so much time going through this playlist.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...T3NIcQocu3Lv-A

6. I want to set up a meeting with this asshole and just never show up.

http://frederick.craigslist.org/vgm/4589251347.html

7. Gross.

8. I found Josh's listing though, Looks solid!

9. Hmmm. Super nitendo game eh? You drive a hard bargain, but Tetris 2 is the magnum opus of all nitendo games. Here, take my 80 dollars.

Has anyone played Dark Half? I'm not familiar with it, but it looks interesting.