Page 6 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. I never beat any NES Ninja Gaiden. II had that pain in the ass final boss that just killed me every time I played. It didn't help the game didn't have saves and had me work from the ground up to get to the last boss. III had that ridiculous level 5 (I think) where the enemies of the prior levels just all come out the gang rape you with new enemies. I never got to the last boss in that game.

Little Nemo was one of my favorite NES games of all time. It was cute and colorful, for a young boy it definitely captivated my attention. I couldn't figure out how to get to the final boss with the costumes I had available so I never finished that one, either.

If any of you guys want to play a hard ninja game, play Ninja Crusaders. One hit kills you, but you can turn into animals depending on your weapon and you'll do fine if you have fast reflexes. No other NES game ever tested my patience like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    So... you wrote it?

3. I, like Opaque, found the preview sufficient. But whatevs.

http://www.economist.com/node/17723028

Quote Originally Posted by sample paragraph
    Daniel McFadden, an economist at the University of California, Berkeley, says that consumers find too many options troubling because of the “risk of misperception and miscalculation, of misunderstanding the available alternatives, of misreading one’s own tastes, of yielding to a moment’s whim and regretting it afterwards”, combined with “the stress of information acquisition”. Indeed, the expectation of indecision can prompt panic and a failure to choose at all. Too many options means too much effort to make a sensible decision: better to bury your head under a pillow, or have somebody else pick for you. The vast majority of shoppers in the Californian grocery store faced with 24 jam varieties simply chose not to buy any. The more expensive an item—a car, say—the more daunting the decision. As the French saying has it: “Trop de choix tue le choix” (too much choice kills the choice).

4. The last time I visited my folks I went through a box of my old shit they've been keeping for me in the attic and was shocked at how many NES carts I kept. None of them boxed, unfortunately, but I'm still sitting on copies of Xexyz, The Guardian Legend, Crystalis, Journey to Silius, Skate or Die 1 & 2, goddamn Batman and some questionable titles like Rollergames, T&C Surf Designs, and Friday the 13th.

I start to think it would be awesome to hook up the old toaster, but then it dawns on me I'd play it for about 20 minutes, get bored, and then have a bunch of clutter in my living room.

5. I have one spot for old consoles in my living room, and just rotate between N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, and Retro Duo.
    That way only one system collects dust at a time.

6. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    questionable titles like T&C Surf Designs
    You watch your damn mouth.

7. I saved up my allowance for like three months to buy that game, I was going to love it or die trying.

8. I got Seicross for some holiday. Took everything I had to not tell them to take it back.

As I mentioned in the completion thread, I finally 1 credited Contra, playing the Japanese version. The last stage is disgusting. It looks just like the US one, but the whole background pulsates the whole time, and I think it pulsated faster the deeper I got into the level. Pretty cool, how come we didn't get this in the US?

10. Nintendo felt it was too intense for the US.