Page 7 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    questionable titles likeT&C Surf Designs
    What Chux said.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    and Friday the 13th.
    My turn: You watch your damn mouth.
    Last edited by BerringerX; 24 May 2012 at 10:36 AM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Friday the 13th and Jaws make me wish LJN was still around.

3. Was LJN an offshoot Company like Ultra for Konami? Oh the good old days when Nintendo was picky and you could only publish X amount of games.

Edit: They were part of Acclaim

During the 8-bit gaming era, Nintendo, as a form of quality control, regulated the number of titles to appear on its console, the Nintendo Entertainment System. As a result, companies like Acclaim used divisions such as LJN to produce more products than Nintendo would have traditionally allowed. Konami also utilized such tactics with their division Ultra. Unlike Ultra which was a brand name of Konami, LJN was still a legal company operating independently from Acclaim. Even after Nintendo dropped its rule in the early 1990s, Acclaim kept LJN operating which published several titles for the Super NES.

There is no video game that has been developed in-house by LJN. All of LJN's video games were developed by external developers, although many of their video games (especially the pre-Acclaim ones) did not disclose the developer.

LJN, along with the Flying Edge and Arena Entertainment labels (the latter two labels which published Acclaim's games to Sega's consoles) were folded into Acclaim in 1994.
    Edit: Replaced the 72pin contact yesterday and cleaned the hell out of the NES inside. SHE LOOKS GOOD BRO.
    Last edited by Chux; 23 May 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Jaws is my jam.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Jam in my JAWS

7. A lot of these games I've been picking up have writing on them, because that's what parents did to "dem nintenda tapes". I got some spray called Goof Off 2, 1 minute or so and it takes ANYTHING right off of the plastic without discoloration. GOOD STUFF.

8. This thread made me wanna play this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kings_of_the_Beach_Coverart.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	65864

Such a cool game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    A lot of these games I've been picking up have writing on them, because that's what parents did to "dem nintenda tapes". I got some spray called Goof Off 2, 1 minute or so and it takes ANYTHING right off of the plastic without discoloration. GOOD STUFF.
    Mr Clean Magic Erasers work well for this too. It requires more work than Goof Off, I would imagine.

10. if it's permanent marker, I just use rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush that I cut the bristles in half on. Gets in all the nigh microscopic nooks and crannies in the plastic.