Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (3DS, PC, PS3, 360)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (3DS, PC, PS3, 360)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    A new Castlevania game for 3DS, subtitled Mirror of Faith, is to be revealed at E3, according to Dutch site N1ntendo.

As spotted by a NeoGAF poster, the title popped up in its appointment schedule for next month's gaming expo. There's no other information offered, other than that David Cox, who produced well-reviewed 2010 home console release Lords of Shadow at Spanish studio MercurySteam, is involved.

If true, that might mean a change of direction for the handheld line of Konami's long-running vamp-slaying series.

Koji Igarashi has traditionally been the man responsible for the franchise on portables, masterminding a run of critically acclaimed platform/RPG hybrids starting with Harmony of Dissonance on GBA back in 2002, right up to the phenomenal Order of Ecclesia on DS in 2008.

His last Castlevania was the poorly received multiplayer spin-off Harmony of Despair on PSN and XBLA.

Could Mirror of Faith be a side order to a full Lords of Shadow sequel? MercurySteam composer Oscar Araujo let slip that work on a follow-up was underway back in October 2010. Then in August, Cox Tweeted that he was currently working on two new unannounced projects.
    Link

As I said in the 3DS thread where Low first mentioned this, I hope it's a traditional Castlevania. I'd also love to see some kind of interactivity between this and a potential Lords of Shadow 2 on Wii U if it's done well. In any case, E3 just got monumentally better (or ripe for a letdown I suppose).
    Last edited by Yoshi; 29 May 2012 at 03:26 PM.

2. I'm never going to buy a 3DS, ever. But if this means we're one step closer to Lords of Shadow 2, then I'm all for it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    if it's done well.
    Why would you even say this?
    Boo, Hiss.

Because the odds are against it? Maybe I'm missing your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I'm never going to buy a 3DS, ever. But if this means we're one step closer to Lords of Shadow 2, then I'm all for it.
    I'm frankly hoping we're going to see both announced in two weeks.

edit: Ask and ye shall receive. More details about the 3DS game as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Mirror of Fate is a 2D Castlevania game that has been in development for a year-and-a-half, and features two playable characters and co-op play. It uses the 3DS' forward-facing camera as a mirror and the outward facing camera for puzzle solving.

Apparently a Wii U version, which interacted with the 3DS version, was in the works before Konami ditched it in favour of a Wii U version of Lords of Shadow 2.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 22 May 2012 at 08:37 AM.

6. The camera puzzle solving best not be that "match the on-screen color to something in your room" crap that many DSi titles fall back to.

This, Soul Hackers, and Epic Mickey 2 are slowly ramping up my interest in the 3DS.

How in the world do you not have a 3DS yet? It's Nintendo's best system (portable or not) since the GBA. Just go buy a pimped out purple (which should have totally been the name for that color) one.

It's almost a year and a half since release, we're due for a redesign. Wait for an E3 announcement.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    How in the world do you not have a 3DS yet? It's Nintendo's best system (portable or not) since the GBA. Just go buy a pimped out purple (which should have totally been the name for that color) one.

Had one since launch, the system took forever to build momentum though.

10. 3DS XL for life