Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: 007: Skyfall

1. The bad guy in any of the classic Bond flicks was usually revealed within the first 30 seconds or so of the movie, usually during M's initial briefing ("We know he's behind it, Bond, but we can't prove anything. We need you to go in and blah blah").

2. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I mean, I figure in the past he had to figure out the villian's plan, as opposed to now...

That might just be wishful thinking on my part.
    Usually the villain was known and that they were behind something, but it was up to Bond to infiltrate the villains organization to find out what it was and prove they were behind it. The villain would catch on that Bond was a spy and the end would have a climactic battle sequence. the first Austin Powers movie does a pretty good job of portraying the earlier Bond flicks, yet with a bit more intentional humor, but it was of course a satire on Bond.

If you haven't watched any or much of the earlier Bond films, some of my personal favorites are You Only Live Twice, The Man with the Golden Gun, Live and Let Die, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 27 Nov 2012 at 06:21 PM.

3. Moonraker?!?! You mention Moonraker and not Goldfinger?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Moonraker?!?! You mention Moonraker and not Goldfinger?
    Well I didn't just want to list every single Bond film up until Dalton. Funny that you mention Goldfinger. Don't know if you remember Goldfinger's little operations room (all stone and wood), but I have this memory as a child being in some place very similar (no idea where or when it was or if it actually happened) and pretending I was Bond. I think it was at some local animal conservatory that had this really nice cabin as it's information/ranger station.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 27 Nov 2012 at 06:23 PM.

5. Did someone aim a laser at your cock like in Goldfinger?

6. Now that you mention it, I do remember some kind of bright light/laser, but then it goes all fuzzy. Next thing I remember is a petting zoo with a bunch of hay bails and pumpkins.

7. I've just never seen anyone recommend Moonraker before. That movie stinks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I've just never seen anyone recommend Moonraker before. That movie stinks.
    But... Jaws finds true love!

9. Goldfinger has the best villain telling Bond what his plan is moment, and he even has an actual excuse for keeping Bond alive. I still like Dr. No for how cold blooded the whole movie is, and have this odd soft spot for Moonraker.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. Just got out of the theater, this was fantastic!