Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PC, PS3, 360)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Ridiculously, the first DLC for this has already been revealed. Apparently, the second DLC will be developed by Climax, which has triggered speculation that they will be handed the IP next.
    Their website shows credit for the PC port of LoS1 too, so that makes some sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    It's been FORTY YEARS and we still don't have an adequate critical vocabulary for games. I'm willing to bet '40s film reviews didn't say things like, "Take one part Dreyer, one part Mizoguchi, one part German expressionism, and put them all on opium to get this year's MotY favorite, Citizen Kane. But is it worth your hard-earned 35 cents? " We're stuck in the Game Pro mode of dumb comparisons involving drugs I've never used and ridiculous compartmentalizations (ACTING: 7/10: Typical theatrical Welles fare.

CINEMATOGRAPHY: 10/10 I'm happy to say the Deep Focus effect is as BAD ASS at its core advertised. Kane's core graphical experience is unrivaled.

MOVIEWATCH : 7/10: At its core, the newsreel segment was confusing. BAD ASS core moviewatch otherwise.

REWATCH VALUE: 6/10 : Once you discover what Rosebud is at its core, there is little reason to revisit Kane's world.

OVER ALL: 9.24 (not an average) Kane is BAD ASS but, at its core, its ass is perhaps not as bad as How Green Was My Valley's core ass).

It bothers me.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to A Robot Bit Me again."

Danggit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.