Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PC, PS3, 360)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PC, PS3, 360)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will launch on Wii U, PlayStation 3, Vita and Xbox 360, according to a new report.

Paul Gale, he who first reported on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, also offered more information on the leaked Nintendo 3DS game Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.

Mirror of Fate is a 2D Castlevania game that has been in development for a year-and-a-half, and features two playable characters and co-op play. It uses the 3DS' forward-facing camera as a mirror and the outward facing camera for puzzle solving.

Apparently a Wii U version, which interacted with the 3DS version, was in the works before Konami ditched it in favour of a Wii U version of Lords of Shadow 2.

The Wii U version of Mirror of Fate would have been the same game as the 3DS version, with the tablet controller's touch screen acting as the bottom 3DS screen and your telly acting as the 3DS' top screen. You were able to use the Wii U's forward facing camera as a mirror to "capture your reflection and reveal your fate".

Now, though, Wii U owners will have to settle for a "safer" port of Lords of Shadow 2, which could retain some of the planned connectivity with Mirror of Fate. Both games are being made by Spanish developer MercurySteam and will be unveiled at E3 next month.
    Hallelujah!
    Last edited by Yoshi; 08 Jan 2013 at 11:49 AM.

2. Sweet, maybe this will spur me on to try the DLC for LoS that I never got around to. It was a really good game, surprised I haven't gone back to it yet.

3. That DLC was putrid. I bought it all, don't make my mistake.

4. Glad to read this. I hope they stick with the art direction of the first game and refine the combat a bit more (less of a reliance on QTEs would be great). LoS really was the best Castlevania in a long, long while.

IGN is reporting that this is coming to Vita as well. The Vita is hosed if it becomes just another dumping ground for the same games coming to PS3.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    That DLC was putrid. I bought it all, don't make my mistake.
    Ditto. Awful.

7. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Glad to read this. I hope they stick with the art direction of the first game and refine the combat a bit more (less of a reliance on QTEs would be great). LoS really was the best Castlevania in a long, long while.
    I really liked LoS and don't really need to see any massive changes for the sequel besides a BETTER FRAMERATE!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. I really would have liked that 3DS game on the big screen though.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

10. I really need to play the first game.