Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Movie Club: Adaptation

TNL Movie Club: Adaptation

What's better than Nicolas Cage in a movie? Two Nicolas Cages in a movie.

There's something great about Charlie Kaufman being so completely unable to adapt the book The Orchid Thief into a movie that the movie he ends up writing is about himself trying to adapt the book into a movie. I remember wondering how the fuck this even got made.

There's a lot I liked about the movie. It's been a while so I'll watch it again before writing my impressions, but there you go. I limited my choice to something on Netflix so it'd be easy to watch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adaptation.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	65988  
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Truly great movie.

Chris Cooper should've gotten an Oscar.

Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman all kind of suck on their own, but people any one of them with another and it's a great fucking movie.

3. I limited my choice to something on Netflix so it'd be easy to watch.
    ..are you being ironic?
    I haven't seen this since it came out. Will be happy to give it another showing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    There's something great about Charlie Kaufman being so completely unable to adapt the book The Orchid Thief into a movie that the movie he ends up writing is about himself trying to adapt the book into a movie. I remember wondering how the fuck this even got made.
    Yeah it's pretty cool to think about. Great pick.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Also, The Three would make an amazing movie.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Ooooo, good pick. Will watch tonight!

7. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry and Charlie Kaufman all kind of suck on their own...
    The fuck?

8. I like how Charlie and Donald Kaufman got nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay when the screenplay wasn't an adaptation at all and Donald Kaufman doesn't even exist.

ALSO: APPARENTLY CHRIS COOPER DID GET AN OSCAR

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The fuck?
    Sorry, but compare Synechdoche NY or Be Kind Rewind to Eternal Sunshine. They need eachother.

10. Ok: Synecdoche is Kaufman's best film.