Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

1. Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

NA release date: August 4th
    EU release date: July 26th
    JP release date: July 13th

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/pikmin-3
    Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding greater replayability to challenge modes.

Features:

Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.

The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.

The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.

After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.

In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.

Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.
    Last edited by Geo; 17 May 2013 at 08:53 PM.

This game looks like it's going to be to the Wii U what Uncharted is to the Vita. It's the first game I would buy if I had enough reasons to actually buy the system. But Nintendo's window to sell me one is very short... probably six months tops from its launch, since the system is a stopgap.

3. You've already talked about hypothetically buying both more than you'd physically play either.

I'm clearly getting my money's worth then.

5. As much fun as I had with Pikmin 1 & 2 it's always felt like a B-list game. Not a breakout, iconic, flagship game. If that and New SMB are all they have to announce for release, and if Pikmin is getting a treatment like its a top-tier Nintendo property, I don't know what to make of it. Seems underwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

It's an up-port of a Wii game that was probably close to completed, they were just scrambling for wuality WiiU software. Now the sudden release of Wii Pikmin 2 makes more sense.

edit: I was gonna fix "wuality" Wii software but I like the way it sounds.
    Last edited by Mzo; 06 Jun 2012 at 08:36 AM.

7. Pikmin is pretty great. It's not like Tube Slider or Cubivore or something. I'd place it over Kirby (except Pinball and Dream Course), and people like that thing.
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Nintendo plans to release a wide range of games, from kid titles like "Pikmin 3" to offerings for hardcore gamers like "ZombiU"
    D= D= D=
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Sounds like CNN can read press releases!

Every year I feel more and more of a disparity between "adult games" and real adulthood. Maturity is defined in the video game world by how much shit you can kill and how violently you can kill it, I guess?

Anyway, I was underwhelmed by the graphics of this game at first, but when I enlarge the video it really does look wonderful in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    Every year I feel more and more of a disparity between "adult games" and real adulthood. Maturity is defined in the video game world by how much shit you can kill and how violently you can kill it, I guess?
    Yes. When CNN called ZombiU "hardcore," I guarantee it was the M-Rating and not the actual good parts, like permadeath.