Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

1. damn it

2. Just started watching the first season. It's uneven, but still enjoyable, and reading here that it picks up as the seasons go along is getting me psyched.

So far, I'm enjoying Mads' take on Hannibal a great deal, and Larry Fishburne/Jack Crawford is great as well. Hugh Dancy's Will Graham blew me away at first, but his twitchy, Aspergers/verge of a nervous breakdown schtick that so impressed me the first few episodes is already starting to wear thin as there's little else to him (yet). I know his whole deal is that he's supposed to be able to think like the killers he's investigating, but the way they portray it is practically supernatural. He doesn't do anything resembling actual detective work, he just lies down and *poof*, time rewinds and he knows almost everything.

That, and the "killer of the week" thing is kind of lame as well, especially since the methods of each killer are so ridiculously over-the-top and outlandish (the mushroom garden, the "angels") that it's impossible to take them seriously. I was especially sad that the mushroom garden wasn't actually Hannibal's doing, as the idea of him growing them in that way for use in his meals was horrifyingly beautiful. The reality that it was just some kooky random pharmacist was a bit of a letdown.

Bear in mind, however, that I just finished the first disc of season one, and despite my issues with it I still find it to be a very good show, although at the moment it's mostly being carried for me by Hannibal and Crawford. But at its core it's still entertaining with tons of potential that I'm glad to hear it starts living up to as it goes along. It's just a bummer that I'm getting into it now that it was just cancelled.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I'll say that the first season can get quite rocky at times. If you can hang with it, I strongly suggest you do - it DOES evolve to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. The methodical "this is my design" will fall somewhat by the wayside and give rise to a new dimension to Will's character, and so, so much more. I feel like, as we are nearing the end of Season 3, that Mad's Hannibal shits all over Hopkins and things go - I need to rewatch the first season but I remember still being on the fence until toward the end of the first. Then I was hooked, and it packs a punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Hey, you have taste, Sats. I'll take you at your word.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. aww, thank you! my tastes can definitely be strange at times, but I like to think i'm pretty good at sizing up a show.

6. I know my opinion isn't as good as Sats' due to my questionable tastes, but yes, do stick with it. It really is a fantastic show, and it's a damn shame that next week's episode is the last.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. That was a perfect ending. Literally perfect.

8. God damn, they really turned on the fire hoses for that.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 30 Aug 2015 at 08:08 PM.

9. I'm not sure how I'd feel if this got picked up for another season.
    The ending is just ambiguous enough to bring them back, but it would be far-fetched even by the standards the show has already set.

10. It's a great series with a great ending. It's not going to come back, everyone has moved on to different gigs.