Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: Hannibal

1. Nice of them to just go ahead and push right past a cliffhanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I started season two last night. A lot of the stupid from the first season has disappeared, but there's still some stupid to go around (Will's constant metaphysical visions are starting have been silly for quite some time now, for example). I was also hoping we were done with the insanely elaborate, prolifically over-the-top serial killer of the week bullshit, but...nope.

Also, LOL @ Jack Crawford reverse-suplexing Hannibal in his kitchen. WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK that was hilariously awful.

Also, what happened to Jack's wife? They introduced this deep backstory about their relationship and her cancer early in season one and it was 100% completely dropped halfway through. And I'm two episodes into season two and there hasn't even been a mention of it. That's some bad writing there, even if it eventually picks up again in this season at some point.

Otherwise, the good is still there - such as Mads and Larry Fishburne - and despite the season two opener actually being pretty bad (I still can't get that WWE shit out of my head), episode two was a big improvement overall and a cool indicator of things to come. I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 13 Oct 2015 at 11:12 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. They bring her back.

4. season two grows and grows to be nearly flawless. it builds, and the wife stuff comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Glad to hear the wife eventually returns, but even so, building it up into such a huge thing and then completely dropping it for as long as they have is just poor writing.

Also, another weakness of the writing is that the new serial killer introduced each week and their crazy, convoluted methods of dispatching and/or arranging their victims into twisted artwork of sorts is essentially making Hannibal himself seem less and less frightening. In the books/movies he was an anomaly - sure, there were other over-the-top killers out there, but they were isolated cases and treated like a big deal - but at this point in the series he's just another in a long series of wackos practically within the same zip code, albeit more tasteful and intelligent than most.

Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying the show overall, but these weaknesses are marring what could have been a near-perfect experience. But, as you say Sats, if it will continue to grow and improve then I'm pretty excited about what it will evolve into as season two goes on.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I never thought twice about Jack's wife being put on the back burner. She comes back when that plot line is important again.

I saw the other psychos in that season as window dressing to Hannibal. They fit the Hannibal world (the grain silo one is a favorite). He's hidden amongst them and really enjoys it. He's often intrigued by them and his work helps him get close which gives him all sorts of access. He's without a doubt superior to them which is shown through his masterful manipulation and deduction. If someone does get on Hannibal's real trail, he takes care of them.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 14 Oct 2015 at 04:28 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I saw the other psychos in that season as window dressing to Hannibal. They fit the Hannibal world (the grain silo one is a favorite). He's hidden amongst them and really enjoys it. He's often intrigued by them and his work helps him get close which gives him all sorts of access. He's without a doubt superior to them which is shown through his masterful manipulation and deduction. If someone does get on Hannibal's real trail, he takes care of them.
    That's one valid way of looking at it, yes.

8. Talks have begun for a potential fourth season.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. I am so excited about this that i could puke!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD LET SOMETHING GOOD HAPPEN
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread