Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doc's Music Videos

I am. I'll have two bands that need one. Wanna get fancy?

Shoot in empty sidebar, imo.

3. Ok here it is:

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I turned off the audio and just watched it, and it...was hard.
    It's awfully busy isn't it? I feel like the jump cuts could be extended a bit, with fewer of them. Throw a few other transitions in there as well, you do have a fade or two at the back end.

Not that this is the greatest video ever, but I think it details what I mean. Again, I turned the volume off and just watched the video.

5. Visually, the shots look really good! What camera do you use?

6. A hacked Panasonic Lumix pulling in 145 MBps and a Cannon Rebel T2i getting about 1/3 of that during the concert and a driving bit, but I think I matched the cameras well enough you can't notice the quality drop too horribly.

I wrote a 5 min story I had to cram into 2 3/4. It was piss poor story boarding or just not being used to the constraint on time in a music video.

The jump cuts work with the obnoxious rock. If I transitioned much more, the whole thing would be a blur. And I was already throwing half the footage on the cutting room floor. Trust me, you're spot on, next video I am doing an animated storyboard to make sure I do not shoot more than I can tell!! ...also: a slower tempo.

Thanks for the review!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. You need to hear the beat with music videos for them to make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Not that this is the greatest video ever, but I think it details what I mean. Again, I turned the volume off and just watched the video.
    Is this an example of what not to do? I am confused.

9. Yes. Sure.
    No.
    It has jump cuts all over the place, like yours. But is also has some fades and wipes so it's a little less obnoxious.
    You know how everyone complains about jump cuts in movies, yeah?
    I rewatched it again, but this time with audio. I like the way you cut with every other tick of the clock, but once the music kicks in, shit needs to slow down and diversify.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 15 Mar 2013 at 06:49 PM.

10. I like the song. The banter in the beginning's fun. Great job with the text too.

I really like how the colors and the lighting turned out! I think you matched the two cameras pretty nicely — which one was the primary camera in front?

The cutting's good. Seemed well appropriate and not obnoxious. I might have lingered some shots longer to match up with the vocals... but it's tricky when you're editing live to a studio recording like that.

I've never recorded a band but having done a wedding and a few other live events, I know how stressful this can be. Nice fucking job! Looks like you've got all the essentials and then some. Hope you're having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    145 MBps
    Wot