Thread: Downloading YouTube Videos

1. Downloading YouTube Videos

With KeepVid and its ilk demanding the use of Java to download YouTube videos to your computer for whatever reason and jDownloader suddenly causing security warnings with Chrome, I was looking to see what everyone's methods are for downloading streaming video.

This showed up on this Graphic Design deals site I check: http://www.mightydeals.com/deal/wond...allmytube.html
    Not sure if I trust it, though. Also, I KNOW I've seen free tools for this before but I just can't seem to find or just Google it them anymore.

Anyone have any hints?

2. go to the "Try Something New!" link at the bottom, turn on html 5, find direct link to webm embed, open said link in new tab, "save as"

bit more involved but whatever

e: don't forget to re-encode it to your format of choice

3. I use Video DownloadHelper for Firefox. All of the Chrome plugins I have tried have been flaky so I stick with FF extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. I'm not sure it if works with Chrome, but I use youtube-downloader

5. Is there a way to download just the audio from a youtube video?

6. Nope, the video and audio are encoded together.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Actually, yes there is.

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and other similar sites work really well and are super fast, since they cache anything that has been converted by other users.

I found out about this site because Google is suing them, so I figured I may as well get them mp3s while I can.

8. Is there a way to download just the nude parts in a youtube video?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt