Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface by Microsoft

1. I want a S2P too but it won't run CoH2 worth a damn, there's an Intel HD 4400 GPU inside

2. If the Surface Pro's mini display port can output DVI, it would be very handy for work.

3. Holy shit is their website ever a disaster. I tried to find the specs, but had a seizure instead.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-.../surface-pro-2

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I want a S2P too but it won't run CoH2 worth a damn, there's an Intel HD 4400 GPU inside
    Yeah I'm seeing that. The guy in the video below is running it at 720p with everything on low on a similar setup. Looks ok, I guess. Now I kinda wish the Razer Blade was cheaper.

5. Razer Blade is sexy as hell... that's what you are paying for.

6. Would if I could or played a ton more PC games than I do or anticipate playing. The question I keep going around on is how much I really need a handful of x86 apps and note taking ability to spend the extra $450 on a Surface Pro 2 instead of a Surface 2.

Something I've noticed while looking through all of this is Surface 2 is sold out pretty much everywhere, and incidental reports say it's because the thing is incredibly popular. Probably a combo of that and MS not wanting to eat another billion dollars.

7. After owning the Surface Pro 2 for a little over a couple weeks now, I can't recommend it enough. I've got the dock which cleaned up my home 'office' quite a bit, took it on a trip where it handled everything amazingly well, including some VPN and note taking sessions, and just how silent and light the thing is amazes me. Also the battery life and being able to play Bastion and Spartan Assault on the plane with a USB controller was pretty cool.

If they ever stop making this thing, I think it's going to be very difficult for me to go back to a normal laptop setup. On a related and completely unpopular note, I adore Windows 8.1. It's a great OS, and I have a hard time understanding the hate for it other than people simply not liking change.

8. tax return present

9. I just picked up a refurb RT for $170 off of eBay.
    That's my "eh, why not" price.

10. How is the neutered Office on the RT? I'm looking to get something for note-takin' and horizontally-aligned-pdf-readin'. Leaning towards a low end Surface.