Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1012131415 LastLast

Thread: Surface by Microsoft

1. Finally you bought a toy that you're going to use lol.

2. I don't know whether to get the 256/g Surface 4 or the 256/8g/dgpu SurfaceBook.

but I need one of them

3. I had one last year at the art center and if you need to run Windows, it's a great machine.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I have a SP3, it rules. I am leaning towards the Book

5. I really love my Surface Pro 3, but that Surface Book is tempting. Thankfully my PC upgrading budget is completely locked up with the big desktop upgrade later this year, so I can be tempted without buying something I don't actually need.

6. The surface Book's keyboard is removable. I'd go with that if it's in your budget, but remember that only the high end version has an nvidia GPU in the keyboard expansion.

7. My old Surface Pro 2 RT (lol) just isn't viable anymore. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Pro 4 with an i5 and 4GB RAM for $800. Any reason I shouldn't do this?

I can't wait for the 5 to come out, but I'm open to comparable Windows tablet suggestions. I need it mostly for school, but it would be nice to run some low end PC games (GOG and little Steam games -- Setsuna or Trails type stuff) and emulation up to PS1. Is the Pro 4 a good fit?

Size and weight are critical. I need something I can slip into a gym bag or binder. The size of the Surface is perfect.

$1,000 is my ceiling.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    $1,000 is my ceiling.
    lol.

I got the i5 Surface Book with the Nvidia. I figure I aim to use the thing for seven years, so 4 GB of RAM may not be a good idea. The difference between the 8 GB Pro 4 and the base 8 GB i5 Surface Book wasn't much, and the difference between the base Book and the one with the graphics card wasn't much, so here we are.

I haven't had a real laptop since 2009. There will be many a noob question posted in the coming weeks (how do I emulator). I hope they go over a little better than the last!

9. Oh hey I meant to reply to this!

I adore my Pro 3 for all of the stuff you listed (It also works great as a Steam in-home streamer!) so I'm sure you would have been fine with the 4 but that Surface Book seems to be a hell of a machine, so good choice!

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    lol.

I got the i5 Surface Book with the Nvidia. I figure I aim to use the thing for seven years, so 4 GB of RAM may not be a good idea. The difference between the 8 GB Pro 4 and the base 8 GB i5 Surface Book wasn't much, and the difference between the base Book and the one with the graphics card wasn't much, so here we are.

I haven't had a real laptop since 2009. There will be many a noob question posted in the coming weeks (how do I emulator). I hope they go over a little better than the last!

Yah, good choice on the 8GB--that's the biggest must out of these things