Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface by Microsoft

1. There is a rumor floating around that Apple store employees will be getting a $4 raise (I don't know the specifics as to who but I suspect it's the employees). Maybe one of them offered to kill themselves.

Also I'e been in an Apple store twice, and both experiences were completely pleasant contrary to what everyone said. I got it, found a guy to talk to and left or waited a little bit too long for the girl to find someone who was in charge of stuff in the back so I could get a printer. So I just played with stuff while I was there.

But it sounds like that is atypical.

2. Didn't Aurora work at the apple store? Maybe a Apple call center. He was about 20 seconds from jumping out of a window just before he quit.

Everyone who has ever worked at any call center is 20 seconds from jumping out of a window at any given time.

4. I worked in a call center and while it was not fun at times, I really, REALLY wish I was doing that as opposed to what I'm doing now. You don't have to take your work home with you (in a literal or figurative sense). You don't get entrenched in ridiculous projects that veer out into infinity because you recenter yourself every day. "Gonna take NEW calls now". Some jobs are akin to being on ONE call for months with an imbecile.

There are definite pros to that kind of work.

5. Ask Mzo.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Didn't Aurora work at the apple store? Maybe a Apple call center. He was about 20 seconds from jumping out of a window just before he quit.
    I don't think an Apple call center would be much different from any other call center.

I was referring to the people working on the products in California.

7. So how has this not shown up?

The only way that could get better is if there were a red ring of death around the button he kept trying to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I worked in a call center and while it was not fun at times, I really, REALLY wish I was doing that as opposed to what I'm doing now. You don't have to take your work home with you (in a literal or figurative sense). You don't get entrenched in ridiculous projects that veer out into infinity because you recenter yourself every day. "Gonna take NEW calls now". Some jobs are akin to being on ONE call for months with an imbecile.

There are definite pros to that kind of work.
    While your points are valid, I put in 16 months and still get literally angry every time the phone rings, even in my house. And those 16 months were well over a decade ago. I guess if you like people and enjoy human interaction it would be better.

10. Everyone at my company got one as an employee Christmas gift. For day to day tablet stuff, I think that most people would be better off with a Nexus 7/10 or iPad/mini. That said, this thing is an amazing laptop companion. I've been working on it every day this week instead of using my laptop, and would feel very comfortable taking this on the road with a keyboard and wireless mouse, leaving my laptop at home. No more need to waste time at TSA lugging around an extra few pounds.