Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer 2012)

What Are You Playing (Summer 2012)

It's hot as fuck. Perhaps not coincidentally, summer is officially here.

This weekend, I am going to split my gaming time between two categories:

1. A driving game on PC: Driver: San Francisco or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Yes, I know those are very different driving games. I had planned to play Driver until someone brought up Hot Pursuit in the old Burnout Night thread. I'll probably still go that route unless someone wants to play multi in Hot Pursuit.

2. PS1/PS2 shooters: I have a pile of new ones, but I'll probably work on unlocking the original game in Twinkle Star Sprites on PS2, since that's one of my favorite games ever. I may give Zanac X Zanac a spin. It's been a long time since I have played a Compile shooter, and I not proud of that fact.

2. DANG NINTENDA TAPES

3. Battlefield 3 - Close Quarters maps seem a lot like Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. Pretty fun for now. MP7 people to death.

Tera Online - Kind of running out of stuff to do. The Nexus "raid" stuff, the only thing offered that is bigger than group quests, is pretty disappointing. I like this game, but I think it's coming to an end. Faction grinding and Hardmodes over and over and over.. blah. MMOs are going to have to make a pretty significant leap forward in almost every category before I start another one up. Tera took a step in the right direction with combat.

Day Z - That survival zombie mod for ArmA II on PC. I like a lot of the ideas for this... It's lacking in other areas though, but it's still in alpha. It's the first time in a long time I was holding down a key for "walk". A friend and I just met up in a town and were walking around slowing looking around corners for zombies and thieves as we scoped out buildings that would potentially have loot. It was an eerie sensation walking around an FPS environment.
    Last edited by sedition; 22 Jun 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. Battlefield 3 - it's everything I dreamed it could be. A hacker jerk messed up a game I was on last night, reminding me that, yes, this is PC gaming.

Alan Wake - I played about 20 minutes just to check it out (just to the diner). It seemed awesome. Will get to it once I'm done with Dead Space 2.

Crysis Warhead - It's like Crysis, but more. The good Crysis.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 22 Jun 2012 at 04:33 PM.

5. virtua fighter and magic (nerrrrds).

I beat Gravity Rush so I was going to go back to Air Fortress, but PSO2 is open beta now so that will probably be my weekend.

6. Persona 2: Innocent Sin- So good. I hate you if you hate this. It's better than that stinky Persona 3.

Xenoblade- Only on weekends because it is a time eater.

Battlefield 3- just kidding, i would never play that.
    Donk

7. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Persona 2: Innocent Sin- So good. I hate you if you hate this. It's better than that stinky Persona 3.
    I'm currently playing Devil Survivor Overclocked. It's my first SMT game ever.

Xenoblade- Only on weekends because it is a time eater.
    I'm hoping to finally finish it this weekend because I really need to move on with my life. Once I finish rebuilding Colony 6 I'm going to make my last assault on Prison Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Tekken 6:

I want to be competitive in TTT2, so it's time to start training.

Puzzle Quest:

My girlfriend started playing it a week ago and it reminded me how much I love that game, so now I'm back in.

Pinball FX2:

New tables!

9. Breath of Fire 2:

This has been on my to-do list for over a decade. I'm finally going to tackle it.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3:

I play this the most since I found a lot of competition in NorCal, but once EVO passes I may shelf it for a bit since all fighting games die down for a month or two after the event.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Breath of Fire 2:

This has been on my to-do list for over a decade. I'm finally going to tackle it.
    Pretty long game from what I remember. Then again, I was like 10 when I first played it, so I probably sucked.