Thread: Snuff what a lovely topic...

Snuff what a lovely topic...

8mm starring Nick Cage is a truly disturbing Movie that deals with underground snuff and if it is real. Actually the Movie is sad to see what happens to runaways and Machine is depraved a sick mo-fo I hated him. The Movie espcially the places that they have to venture to buy snuff isn't pretty. Overall good but expect the images to be burned into your head for a long time..

Your thoughts on 8mm?

I remember seeing it on a movie channel a year or two ago...I thought it had an interesting atmosphere but it was very disturbing to think that people like that exist. I am rarely profoundly disturbed by a movie but this was definately on of them. I thought that it was a borderline NC-17 movie, as well.

Even though I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie was partly driven by exploitation, I still thought it was well done. It's just hard to trully enjoy a movie with such difficult subject matter.

3. I couldn't be paid enough to be persuaded to watch this type of movie. Like Hannibal and many others, I'll leave the nightmares to the criminal psychologists.

Originally posted by amerlop
    I remember seeing it on a movie channel a year or two ago...I thought it had an interesting atmosphere but it was very disturbing to think that people like that exist. I am rarely profoundly disturbed by a movie but this was definately on of them. I thought that it was a borderline NC-17 movie, as well.

Even though I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie was partly driven by exploitation, I still thought it was well done. It's just hard to trully enjoy a movie with such difficult subject matter.
    Yep it probally could have gotten the dreaded NC-!7 Rating when I saw it in the theatre people actually left disgusted.

So if anyone is brave enough to see a Movie with a depraved subject matter check it out.

Be warned though extremely graphic...