Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Buy Soul Calibur V, SSX, Resistance 3 $10 each with coupon

1. It's worth mentioning that SSX is worth $18 in trade at Gamestop right now (and they have some extra 30% deals going right now).

2. No, it's not worth mentioning.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    No, it's not worth mentioning.
    Why not? With the extra 30% you'd get 23.50 per copy of SSX in trade in so buying 2 copies of SSX at $9.99 each would get you $47 in trade in. 3 copies would get you $70.50 which is more than enough money to pay off your Tekken Tag 2 preorder for only $30.

4. I have no problem with people buying shit to resell for profit. I'm no hypocrite.

I do have a problem with people buying NEW games, ripping them open (thus decreasing the amount of new stock that is available out there in the world just so that some shit company can plaster it in stickers), and trading them to another place who is then going to profit on it even more.
    Gamestop sells that game used for $47.99. So even with their bullshit extra percentage smoke and mirror bullshit (I understand the principles behind their trade in gimmicks, I just wish people were smart enough to see through them) your best case scenario gives you almost $8 profit (your $23.50 - cost of magazine to get the coupon and the cost of the game). They will make a $24.50 profit. BUT! you have run around from one store to another in order to do the flip. That's more overhead eating into your profit. Gamestop does nothing except sit there waiting for you to come in.

I'm sure the internet is swamped with copies of these games right now. But in a couple of weeks, I guarantee you'd be able to sell the game for $30-40 on ebay or amazon or craigslist.

TL;DR version: If you flip these to gamestop, you are making a little, they are making a lot. Cut out the middle man, and put more money into your own pocket.

5. Good point.