Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man With The Iron Fists

1. The Man With The Iron Fists

I love Kung Fu movies and I'm down with the Wu-Tang.

RZA co-wrote and directed this. Looks like it could be pretty cool. Although I have to say that I'm sick of Lucy Liu being shoved down people's throats as the "hot" Asian chick when there's only about 10 billion hotter ones in the world.

Anyway, it could be fun. We shall see!
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Jun 2012 at 08:51 AM.

2. too much cg

e: the wirework I can sort of understand, but those ribbons of blood hovering in mid-air around the 30 second mark and chinese colossus is too much
    Last edited by cka; 29 Jun 2012 at 12:15 AM.

3. Yeah, I agree with that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. "They put the F-U...in Kung-Fu". Oh, my.

Lucy Liu has a good look...she's not the hottest, but she's distinct, which is important. Unfortunately, she's just an awful actor.

I see a trailer like this, and I see a bunch of things that are of interest, but even within the trailer cuts the timing and staging seems off. Like, the people making this know what is cool (well, for a kung-fu flick), but not why it's cool, so the execution will always be sophomoric.

5. I admit, when I first heard about this I was anticipating a total 70's style Kung Fu flick, with the associated warts of the era and all. This looks a bit more slick than I wanted, but I really hope it turns out well.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Jun 2012 at 10:02 AM.

6. What's with the Lucy Liu hate? Haven't you guys seen Payback?
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. I like the CG, fuck it. Looks like Ninja Scroll with people instead of big titted cartoons fucking one another.

8. I'm glad I'm not the only one that never got the love for Liu. Batista is in this too which is funny in itself to me. I'll be going. Tarantino and Roth involved.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. Tarantino didn't do shit for this movie. They're just slapping his name on there to sell a few tickets.

I think they did the same thing when they released Ong-Bak in this country.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. "Tarantino Presents"