Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: FFX........greatness

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by amerlop
    c'mon Zidane...don't you know not to bait Ethugg? You know the outcome and it just gets more tedious each time it happens.

just stop

......but he.......that's not........what about the..........oh alright, I'll stop.

2. Originally posted by amerlop
    c'mon Zidane...don't you know not to bait Ethugg? You know the outcome and it just gets more tedious each time it happens.

just stop
    He's right, it is completely pointless to try to argue with EThugg... just ignore him when he responds like that and remember that this is ETHUGG's opinion after all

3. Originally posted by Werewolf

He's right, it is completely pointless to try to argue with EThugg... just ignore him when he responds like that and remember that this is ETHUGG's opinion after all
    Right on! I mean, he likes Tomb Raider AND Azurik...

... Oh, fuck.

4. Originally posted by zidane747
    Dragonmaster Dyne: So what if the game was hyped? It wasn't Square's fault, it was their fans that did it, and guess what? They lived up to the hype and more(at least for me). Please don't judge my taste of gaming based on two hyped games(you know what the other is).
    well so far the only games you've spoken of and posted numerous threads about so far are (of course) MGS2, Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo 3 and now FF10. all of which have been or are at the top of the game charts and the tip of the hype hill. i was just beginning to wonder if you'd ever take the plunge and buy a game that has no hype. youd be suprised how many gems pass under the radar.

5. Originally posted by Orochi
    I even have that EGM issued FFX poster on my wall, but thats mainly because its Amanos (I think thats his name...? Im not sure anymore, during my hiatus Ive been living in a cave, and even went as far as to toss all of my game books.) work.
    See, I also got that poster. And it was then that I realized how absolutely pathetic Tidus' design truly was, as it looks like utter crap even when Amano drew it. Hell, even Nomura's work on FFVII looked creative when Amano did some art, but if even he can make FFX look mediocore and stupid at best, the characters really need to go back to step 1 for a complete overhaul.

6. Originally posted by zidane747
    Orochi: I have that same poster up in my room! Well, I do love FF8, but now playing FFX and then going back to 8, the battle system for 8 sucks. The over-reliance on GF's is horrible, although the rest of the game rocks.
    Why does everyone say this? The GFs are comepletely unnessecary and never need to be used. Learn the damn system.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by MechDeus
    Why does everyone say this? The GFs are comepletely unnessecary and never need to be used. Learn the damn system.

I'm not talking about being used, but being needed for EVERYTHING. Without the GF's, all you can do is attack. They're responsible for you drawing magic, junctioning, using magic,etc. Besides, a lot of bosses can't be beaten without GF's(Eden,etc). I don't get what you mean.

8. If you just mean attaching them to characters, I don't see why that would present a problem. It's not the game requires you to equip anything else or actually buy stuff. It's their version of equipment, and it's much easier to handle then most RPGs. Certainly more inventive and interesting (the one good part about FFVIII, despite how broken it is).

What do you mean, "bosses can't be beaten without GF's"?

And considering most complain of the GFs actual usage, I figured you were refering to their casting.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by MechDeus
    If you just mean attaching them to characters, I don't see why that would present a problem.
    The problem is that if you don't attach the GF to a character, they are USELESS. They can't cast, or draw magic, can't use items, special abilities(which are learned through the GF's AP system). The only way you can get the Ultimate Weapons is to learn Mug from a GF, and if you don't do that, no ultimate weapons.

It's not the game requires you to equip anything else or actually buy stuff.
    Exactly my point. they don't require you to equip anything else, because the GF takes care of it all. Now if you don't use GF's, you don't have any abilities, magic, special abilities,etc.

It's their version of equipment, and it's much easier to handle then most RPGs. Certainly more inventive and interesting (the one good part about FFVIII, despite how broken it is).
    Yeah, it's easy to handle, but again, if you have GF's equipped. If not, then you're nothing(how many times do I have to say that?!)

What do you mean, "bosses can't be beaten without GF's"?
    Ever try beating Omega Weapon with no GF's? Let's see you do that. Oh, and I almost forgot, no Lionhart, because you need GF's abilities to get that. Go ahead, try it. Let's see if you last 10 seconds.

And considering most complain of the GFs actual usage, I figured you were refering to their casting.
    No, they complain about two thing:

1)Over-Reliance on GF's

2)Long Summon Spells(Eden's 5 minute spell). And, since Boost is the only way to score more damage, you need the long summon spell every single time.

I'm sorry, but your arguement is going nowhere.

10. I picked this game up July 3rd, and I would've created a thread about it, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't: I was too involved with the game. Everything about it is great, from the kick-ass story to the amazing battle engine, everything rocks. Yeah I know you guys are probably gonna flame me for "licking Squaresoft's Balls", but who cares; I love this game.
    If you insist upon being a tool for MGS2, DMC, GT3, and FFX at least stick with one avatar. Your Solid Snake avatar was pretty fitting especially after Kaneda's comic.