Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: FFX........greatness

zidane747 Guest

FFX........greatness

I picked this game up July 3rd, and I would've created a thread about it, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't: I was too involved with the game. Everything about it is great, from the kick-ass story to the amazing battle engine, everything rocks. Yeah I know you guys are probably gonna flame me for "licking Squaresoft's Balls", but who cares; I love this game.

Oh, and Despair(once you come in here), are you up to the part where you have to *SPOILER* .........dodge the lightning after you come from Guadoselam? If you're past that part, please don't say where. I want this experience to be fresh and pure.

2. No, most here will agree with you that's it's great.

I don't. But I'm sure you've heard my stance on this before. Now if I only knew some way to hack this game open, rip out the only decent thing about it and place into FFIX, where the only problem was the one thing FFX did right, we'd have a perfect FF game. Of course, I'm refering to the battle system.

3. Greatness? I think not

Though my opinion differs from yours, I won't flame you for your opinions.

I found the game very annoying. The story did not do it for me and though I did like the switching of characters in battle, that still wasn't enough for me want to play it. The voice acting is in par with Shenmue with the sounds of annoying kids which made me want to mute the game. The cinematics are excellent, but that's the only thing I found impressive about the game. I don't like any of the characters' personalities at all. My opinion is that this game is just another $15-$20 RPG.

4. I just finished this game over the weekend. IMO it's the best Final Fantasy since FFVI. I found the music, battle system, and leveling up to be a big improvement over the PSOne games. The few complaints I had about the game were that once you got the Ultimate weapons, the game got too easy, the repetetive mini-games you had to play to get those weapons, and Blitzball. The graphics and cutscenes are some of the best I've seen on the PS2.

5. Originally posted by Skelator
    I found the music, battle system, and leveling up to be a big improvement over the PSOne games. The graphics and cutscenes are some of the best I've seen on the PS2.
    Had to quote Skelator here I pretty much agree whats being said above. Definately a cool and fun rpg to play. Many hate it characters, but I think they have a charm of their own. I have no problem with voice acting either. They all sound good to me, enven Tidus.

I love its visuals, bright and colorful environments, grand bosses, really cool underwater battles, that havent been done yet before. Batlle system is fun and inventive, and I like sphere grid of evolving your character stats and skills.

Even Blitzball part doesnt seem to bad, but I do have to get further into the game to really get an opinion of Blitzball.

Dont worry Zidane, you are allready firther then we are, I think. We kinda put FFX on hold, with Eternal Darkness and Rez being the ones I play now days. Once I get done with those, I will be back to FFX lands.

6. you seem to only like games where there is minimal interaction.

7. Yeah, do you ever play 2D fighters or shmups, Zidane?
    pwned by Ivan

8. i liked it, but its good i beat it when i did, cause after Morrowind its gonna be hard to even look at another Japanese "RPG"

i've been enlightened, and next stop is PC Baldurs Gate.

9. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    you seem to only like games where there is minimal interaction.
    I think he would really enjoy playing the entire Digital Pictures' entire catalog of Sega CD games.

10. Well, I thought FFX was a pretty amazing RPG, if you're into that kind of RPG, that is. I didn't really find that there was that much to complain about, except nitpicking and comparisons like you'd do with any game. I didn't like Blitzball either, but you only have to play once and the outcome doesn't affect anything. The ultimate weapons are hardly necessary, and if you found collecting them boring, and the game too easy afterwards, well, then why bother getting them.

Whether or not you *really* like it, it seems like just about everyone's played it, so there must be something to it or they wouldn't stick with it for 40 hrs or so.