Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. I paid 130 for yu yu hakusho back in the gamefan days.
    Never. Even. Played. It.

2. Imagine a prototype build of Guardian Heroes with no story mode.

3. Contra: Hard Corps is overrated. The Saturday morning cartoon feel it has going is silly.

I wouldn't say Castlevania: Bloodlines is better than Castlevania IV. They're equally good, but in different ways.

None of the Streets of Rage games are better than the first Final Fight.

Shinobi III may be one of the best 16-bit games of all time.

Get the fuck out of here except for the last part. Although, the Sega CD Final Fight is better than the SNES one anyway, so it's a moot point.

And just to make the last part dead on: Shinobi III is better than any game on the SNES.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I wouldn't say Castlevania: Bloodlines is better than Castlevania IV.
    Totally agree with this. I like the way Bloodlines plays a lot more (and it's a technical marvel on the Genesis), but IV is brilliantly atmospheric and grim. Both games blew my mind the first time I played them.

I liked the Genny Shadowrun a lot more than the SNES game.

"IV" (It's always hard to call a remake that) is clearly a good game, but it's such a technical mess because no third party knew what the hell to do with the SNES until much later that it suffers a bit. At least no one, until now, has brought up that abortion of a port Dracula XX.

edit: Trial, is the intent superior versions versus the SNES or best overall? Examples where this makes a difference are Final Fight and Street Fighter II (fuck anyone who claims playing that on a dogbone is worth better colors). Obviously both are arcade perfect on compilations and digital releases well after the 16-bit era. The same logic would apply to stuff like Strider and Forgotten Worlds for the second half of your original post.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 Aug 2012 at 04:40 PM.

I tried to give Dracula XX another shot recently. I literally fell asleep by the third level. I'm so glad I sold (and profited!) that piece of shit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Street Fighter II (fuck anyone who claims playing that on a dogbone is worth better colors).

Six buttons right out of the box > buying two extra controllers, sorry dogg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Not even remotely. Nintendo d-pads and fighting games with shoulder buttons both suck.

Plus, there were Genesis models that packed-in the six button, so I'm going to cheat and point to those.

10. I never had a problem with it.