Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. Thhbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Donk

2. Oh shit, that's right. Only if you had the Genesis that looked like a DJ table did you get the original, better sound chip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SegaGenesis1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	66547

There's a lot of explanation in the comments. Actually you weren't safe even if you had a Genesis 1, there was a revision using that model too that used a terrible sound chip.

Early Model 1s, late Model 2's (thanks SSjN!) and the combo systems all had good sound. Unfortunatly the crappy Model 2's outnumber them. I had one when I was a kid too.

4. I had forgotten that the Genny 1's had a headphone jack, I used that shit all the time

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post

There was this one weird-ass level in Bloodlines where the screen is broken up into horizontal segments that don't line up so your feet are to the left, torso to the right, and head somewhere else.

wtf at that.
    The final level, it was beautiful. Still I love both Bloodlines and IV, but IV is the game I'd play any day. Batman was a amazing game but it simply got boring, the designers had no clue on how long a level should last. Fucking amazing otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Thhbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Thank you for arguing my case. That's a pretty damn awesome song!

7. Oh shit, that's right. Only if you had the Genesis that looked like a DJ table did you get the original, better sound chip.
    Sonic the Hedgehog had good music though. It didn't have screeching and bwaughrgh sounds. A lot of the Genesis sounds on Youtube have those sounds. Is that the problem? I don't think it's the difference in soundchips, it's the instrumentation.
    Donk

8. The Street Fighter games has better music on Genesis than SNES, but it's the other way around for the sound effects. The voices should have just been left out entirely.

9. Oh I don't deny that there's some truly terrible samples being used in some songs, placed hilariously and needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Sonic the Hedgehog had good music though. It didn't have screeching and bwaughrgh sounds. A lot of the Genesis sounds on Youtube have those sounds. Is that the problem? I don't think it's the difference in soundchips, it's the instrumentation.
    Really? The Sonic games? Barring a few exceptions (Chemical Plant Zone in 2 comes to mind), I found most of the music in those games to be pretty uniformly awful. Are we just polar opposites in our tastes? Can you at least agree that the Phantasy Star IV music is awesome?