Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7080828384858688 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

The Retro Freak? It runs an emulator (I'm pretty sure it's Gen Plus EX) so it's pretty darn good. I've only played Sonic 1 so far but it sounds like Sonic 1 is supposed to.

Playing sonic 1 on sunday, I had forgotten how bland looking the later levels looked

Sonic 2 looks great though

4. Taking a shot every time that guy says 'then' would be a good way to speedrun alcohol poisoning.

5. I love the content of DF, but hate that fucker who presents them, holy shit his voice makes me want to kill things.

6. DF Retro videos are great.

I think that guy is one of the 3 good posters left on NeoGAF.

7. So, I know this is kinda stupid, but I picked up "We're Back, A Dinosaur's Tale" at a flea market the other day. I got it for the SNES, because I remember seeing videos of the game that made it look like it could be fun. I got it home, played it for a few minutes and realized it wasn't the game I was thinking of. Apparently, it was the Genesis version that looked fun to me. It just reminded me of this thread title while I was playing the game. lol.

8. Two fans figured out how to drastically improve the audio in the AtGames clones. They informed Tec Toy about it, and the company is going to implement the fix in its hardware going forward. That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SegaNerds
    a recent discovery has been made by two fans Neto and Rafael Müller named that could completely fix the audio issues in the AtGames and TecToy Genesis systems.

The recent TecToy Genesis contained a file called md.bin on its packaged SD card. This file sends instructions to the processor to tell it how to execute the games. After a month of digging into the bin file and system, the duo made some interesting discoveries.

Most importantly, they discovered that the clock speed was wrong, which was reportedly the reason the Red Kid 2500 processor had bad audio. Adjusting the clock speed to the correct setting got the sound at about 85-90 percent accuracy of the original Genesis.

Upon hearing this news, fans began messaging TecToy requesting that the company implement this as an official update, and surprising enough, TecToy has announced that they’ll do just that.

Neto and Rafael didn’t stop their work with the TecToy Mega Drive, though. Because it and the AtGames’ Genesis clones and handhelds share the same processor, the two were able to implement this fix on one of their handhelds

Oh man, if someone can fix the handheld it would actually be a great little thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

10. Looks like we can try this fix...I will try to update the handheld.