Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7181838485868789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. The SegaBits instructions are reportedly wrong. This is what you're supposed to do:

1. Download the latest version of the hack (1.08b) from this website: http://www.neto-games.com.br/rom_hac...mega_drive.php
    2. On your SD Card, copy the Neto_Boot_Loader.BIN (and I think MDI.BIN) file into the GAME folder
    3. Create a new folder on the SD Card named TECTOY
    4. Inside TECTOY make two folders: DATA and ROM
    5. Inside DATA, copy all the files ROM1.BIN through ROM6.BIN
    6. Inside ROM, make a folder titled ROM1
    7. Copy your game roms into ROM1
    8. Then turn on the handheld, go to the SD Card menu, and load up Neto_Boot_Loader.BIN
    9. From there the program will load up and you can follow the menus to access the roms you put into ROM1

Sweet I'll give it a shot.

3. I thought this video might interest people here.

Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. He reads the S-16 forums but isn't a member? Boo. Ha, at least we made him curious enough to make the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The SegaBits instructions are reportedly wrong. This is what you're supposed to do:

1. Download the latest version of the hack (1.08b) from this website: http://www.neto-games.com.br/rom_hac...mega_drive.php
    2. On your SD Card, copy the Neto_Boot_Loader.BIN (and I think MDI.BIN) file into the GAME folder
    3. Create a new folder on the SD Card named TECTOY
    4. Inside TECTOY make two folders: DATA and ROM
    5. Inside DATA, copy all the files ROM1.BIN through ROM6.BIN
    6. Inside ROM, make a folder titled ROM1
    7. Copy your game roms into ROM1
    8. Then turn on the handheld, go to the SD Card menu, and load up Neto_Boot_Loader.BIN
    9. From there the program will load up and you can follow the menus to access the roms you put into ROM1
    I finally dug out the old Atgames portable and tried this out. It works!

The sound isn't 100% perfect still, but it's a hell of a lot closer and good enough that I'll actually play this thing without the volume all the way down. Saves still don't work, I'm not sure if that's even something the hackers could fix.

The only real glitch I've found is that the XYZ buttons do not work on 6 button games. Small price to pay IMO.

6. Is it normal for it to be stuck on "LOADING GAME ..." for several minutes after loading the boot loader?

7. Oh, and the no XYZ bug is supposed to be fixed with 1.09b.

Oh sweet, I'll try 1.09b. I did 1.08 since those were Melf's specific instructions.

My boot loader loads pretty quickly, but I don't have very many roms on the card.

9. I popped out the SD card, reformatted it and tried again. Loaded right up this time.

10. Ugh, this is why I don't mess with this stuff. Every time I select a game from the SD to play it starts, but the display screen rolls.

edit: Press B when the menu loads up for 60hz.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 23 Aug 2017 at 04:40 PM.