Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7888909192939496 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

Related to the actual topic of the thread, but I got Hyper Stone hiest today. I've wanted that one for years.

Shame it doesn't have that cool western song.

That game is cool. Crank it to max difficulty for a good time.

I'm going to be moving into a smaller space soon and won't have my CRT around for a bit. We're going to aggressively tackle my wife's old school and medical bills to fix her credit.

The Mega SG is looking super fucking tempting. Genesis, Megadrive, Sega CD, Master System, and I'm even hearing maybe Game Gear?

That's a hell of a thing.

Super NT is alright but the Genesis is just cool as hell.

5. The SG can emulate Sega CD hardware?

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    The SG can emulate Sega CD hardware?
    It's got the dock-in port for existing hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    The Mega SG is looking super fucking tempting. Genesis, Megadrive, Sega CD, Master System, and I'm even hearing maybe Game Gear?

That's a hell of a thing.
    Yeah they're really covering all the bases. It comes with the Master System adapter, and then they're planning to make other adapters available separately later in the year for GG, Mark III, MyCard, SG-1000, and SC-3000.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    It's got the dock-in port for existing hardware.
    That's what I thought, it doesn't run isos which is what I expect. Basically a MD/Genie.

Maybe someone will make a Sega CD ode that would pair well with it.

9. Thanks for reminding me of the seagull. Definitely sounds like a nice solution compared to the awkward 7800 controllers. I went ahead and ordered it.

I also bought a Joyzz, though I couldn't get that working on the Atari systems either. Still a nice controller, though there should have been a visible LED on it and the dongle "broke" too soon after trying it out on other systems (the piece over the contacts came off, but it came back on ok and still works great with the Genesis and SMS). I like that it has a SMS mode, though I have a JP/US switch on the Genesis and a JP SMS. Oddly enough, most games with an issue with the Genesis controller play fine with a Genesis controller when played on a JP SMS. Still nice for Wonder Boy in Monster Land to play the game in English with a Genesis controller.

10. Joyzz works for me on the 7800 with the Seagull! That is how I got all 5 members of Journey to the Scarab!