Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 81919394959697 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. There's a ton of sound options too. Definitely seems like with some tweaking you could dial it in to sound like what ever Genesis model you want.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Mega Sg seems extremely rad so far. I'm not an expert on the sound, either, but it does sound good to me.

The only problems I've run into are being confused about Sega CD audio output via HDMI (not a real problem, just check a box that is off by default) and weird behavior when it comes to running Master System games off an Everdrive (getting the Master System game to play seems to require an additional restart that the real Genesis does not).

3. I replied to your comment about that on ResetEra but in case you don't see it there. I think that extra reset might be because its booting into a SMS core. I think, and I could be totally wrong here, but when you boot the Everdrive it loads the Genesis core for the FPGA, then when you load a SMS from that it needs to unload that and load in the SMS core. Because when you play a SMS game it has its own set of scaler and sound settings and such, that seem to be saved separately from the Genesis ones. In fact when you bring up the menu while a SMS game is up the genesis options aren't even there any more.

Where as if you load a SMS game directly, (either with the adapter, or from the Master everdrive) there is no additional restart needed.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. The Genesis contains an entire SMS anyway, so shouldn't need to load a different core or whatever. It's probably something they did specifically to give you different options for SMS and Genesis games, instead of just using the Genesis settings for everything.

5. Make sure SMS bios is turned off (JP bios seems ok, though) on Mega Everdrive before playing SMS or SG-1000 games on Mega SG. The system freezes at the bios logo otherwise.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 30 Mar 2019 at 12:47 PM.

6. New Sega CD hardware emulator in a cart!

https://terraonion.com/en/producto/megasd/

I have very little use for it, but it may be worth it for people who still play on real hardware.
    It even works on Nomad.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    New Sega CD hardware emulator in a cart!

https://terraonion.com/en/producto/megasd/

I have very little use for it, but it may be worth it for people who still play on real hardware.
    It even works on Nomad.
    I saw this. It's a lil pricy but if it can do Sega CD as well it's a no brainer.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. the whole point is that it does sega cd.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    the whole point is that it does sega cd.
    I looked into it more. It also does Sega Master System and Sega 32X software as well with no issues.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. The sega cd thing is damn impressive, I would pay an extra $100 for v2 if they can do 32x without the add-on.