Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7585878889909193 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have a friend that STRONGLY prefers the Atari 8 bits vs the Commodore because (according to him) the older atari computer has a bunch of arcade ports that do fine with the single button whereas the C64 has a bunch of nintendo era games that were designed around two buttons.
    Weird. I can understand preferring the Atari 8-bit versions (I do about half the time) but I'm having trouble thinking of single button arcade ports that are on Atari 8-bit but not on C64. Even the stuff Atari had the rights to got released on C64 by Atari itself.

2. There's probably no more logic behind his preference than there is the average Ford vs. Chevy argument.

8bitdo just released some Genesis gamepads and I got one of the RF ones in the mail yesterday. This might be my new favorite gamepad ever. They improved a bit on the ergonomics of the Sega pad so it's more comfortable, while keeping the dpad and button feel really close to the original. The dpad isn't quite as good as the original but it's the next best thing and better than the Hyperkin knockoff controllers that I was using. Only thing is that it strangely didn't work with one of my Genesis systems when connected to a Sega CD, but I tried other systems and it works perfectly on the rest. Weird.

4. What's the word on the recent collection released for PS4/Bone/Switch?

5. I haven't read much about it but I've heard it's kind of ass. Sound problems, latency, stuff like that. I don't know if it was just the switch version or if they all had issues.

They're all based on the Steam releases which have always had lag issues. I bought the Switch version and then sold it on eBay the same day. Playing Sonic Mania and then a laggy Sonic 1 on the same system shows you how bad it is. It's alright if you just want to dig into the RPGs.

7. They had one job.

And they fail at it Every Time.

8. The genesis collection for 360 was okay, and the 3DS stuff is all excellent.

9. I don’t consider the m2 3ds stuff to be in the same catagory as these rom collections.

The M2 Switch ports are also excellent. I played the standalone version of Sonic 1 and it's great.