Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis: The Superior Versions

1. Well shit, if something that reads like pre-release box copy on Gamefabrique says so...

I remember the bars being a fairly huge deal when the game first came out. At least it wasn't as intrusive as the PCE version.
    Last edited by No One; 17 Sep 2014 at 12:31 AM.

2. From what I remember, the big hullabaloo was about life bars being outside of the play area (on the black bars) in the Genesis version. Magazines from back in the day showed early versions of the game in this state.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 17 Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM.

3. Fightmans are goddamn serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    From what I remember, the big hullabaloo was about life bars being outside of the play area (on the black bars) in the Genesis version. Magazines from back in the day showed early versions of the game in this state.
    That could have been from the early Genesis proto, which was completely scrapped in favor of a port of the SNES version.

The reason some of you may not remember the black bars is probably due to overscan on your TVs, which was a bitch back then. I remember always being pissed in Streets of Rage at the end you couldn't tell where your cursor was when Mr X asked you if you would join him or not.

5. You joined Mr. X, didn't you? Then I'll bet you made Erdrick stand with the Dragonlord, you asshole.

My bud and I got the bad ending a few times.

7. Didn't you get sent back a few levels as well if you chose to be bad?

Yep, you get dumped back to level 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. I played Castlevania 3 for years before I realized that your character's avatar was displayed in the righthand corner of the screen.

I played Final Fight 3 And SF2T SNES on a Commodore monitor last night which has almost no overscan, and yeah, black bars on both. More on SF2.